Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Stream fishing Southern California with float and fly - Video report and how to

Thanks guys, glad you liked it. I'm headed to the ocean this weekend hope to catch some nice rockfish and lingcod. Maybe a halibut if I'm lucky.

Just wanted to sat thanks used your technique today at santa ana campground down for 5 rainbows to 8" in an hour. Fished 8-10" below small foam bobber with #14 beaded peacock hurl nymph that I tie.by the size of the water I saw you must be fishing at the seven oaks end of river. First time for me fishing area need more recon but it was exciting to get all the hits I got in an hour.

Your vid reminds me of WINGNUTS avatar,,,,,,,,, DONT show knowledge SHARE KNOWLEDGE.,,,,,,,,,,GREAT VID.

TRAIL BLAZER

Thanks for the video and stream fishing 101. Question I have been healing up from a sciatic back issues. Getting out and walking is good for me. You were in flip flops and shorts, the terrain looks to be flat. Most of what I have seen is steep rocky arroyos and terrain that would be imposable to navigate.

Any general clues as to where to go to find old guys (OG) areas?

Michael

5. Default

very cool video keep them coming!

Great video thanks for sharing it with us!

Quote Originally Posted by michaelk View Post
    Thanks for the video and stream fishing 101. Question I have been healing up from a sciatic back issues. Getting out and walking is good for me. You were in flip flops and shorts, the terrain looks to be flat. Most of what I have seen is steep rocky arroyos and terrain that would be imposable to navigate.

Any general clues as to where to go to find old guys (OG) areas?

Michael
    Haha, for one I'm always in flip flops and shorts no matter what the terrain. The camera is kind of deceiving as well. You have to jump over a few rocks and tread some narrow paths along the way. Not great for someone with a bad back. But around the Seven oaks Campground area it is pretty flat and manageable to walk along the stream without slipping and hurting yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Calicanuck View Post
    Haha, for one I'm always in flip flops and shorts no matter what the terrain. The camera is kind of deceiving as well. You have to jump over a few rocks and tread some narrow paths along the way. Not great for someone with a bad back. But around the Seven oaks Campground area it is pretty flat and manageable to walk along the stream without slipping and hurting yourself.

Thank you very much for the tip and the show.

I have a friend coming up from OC with his Jeep Rubicon we were thinking of killing two birds with on stone and going up to the headwaters of the Deep Creek. Is that good fishing up there? Or any places where a jeep would be useful and get us to some good fishing we will be releasing fish and using flies. Just want to catch and count coup, and fish against each other, like we use to do back in our teens and twenties before jobs, wives and kids.

Quote Originally Posted by michaelk View Post
    Thank you very much for the tip and the show.

I have a friend coming up from OC with his Jeep Rubicon we were thinking of killing two birds with on stone and going up to the headwaters of the Deep Creek. Is that good fishing up there? Or any places where a jeep would be useful and get us to some good fishing we will be releasing fish and using flies. Just want to catch and count coup, and fish against each other, like we use to do back in our teens and twenties before jobs, wives and kids.
    I have never fished deep creek, you may also want to jeep down to the lower section of bear creek. I've caught some smallish wild fish there before. Not too many though.

Quote Originally Posted by Calicanuck View Post
    I have never fished deep creek, you may also want to jeep down to the lower section of bear creek. I've caught some smallish wild fish there before. Not too many though.
    Thank you for your help aND HAPPY CATCHING VIDEO MAKING to you!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12