Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: AV Duct 17-18 May

Default AV Duct 17-18 May

Anyone make it out Friday or Sat.?

yep, went out this morning and it was windy as heck. i caught 2 stripers with the fluke. 1 oz jig needed cuz the water was flowing fast. i wanted to fish the duct longer but had to cut the trip short cuz the wife and son wanted to go up to owens valley i brought the trout gear along and we caught our limit on trout in about 30 minutes.... gold kastmaster did the trick... not as fun as catching stripers at the duct but had a good time with the fam.
    Last edited by slacker189; 05-18-2013 at 09:48 PM.

Thanks for the info. I haven't been able to make it out, but I hope to make it out early this week.

Quote Originally Posted by slacker189 View Post
    yep, went out this morning and it was windy as heck. i caught 2 stripers with the fluke. 1 oz jig needed cuz the water was flowing fast. i wanted to fish the duct longer but had to cut the trip short cuz the wife and son wanted to go up to owens valley i brought the trout gear along and we caught our limit on trout in about 30 minutes.... gold kastmaster did the trick... not as fun as catching stripers at the duct but had a good time with the fam.
    I've been spending time up in the Owens Valley lately catching bass as well as over at Isabella getting bass and LOTS of crappie. Its been a BLAST! While up north, a few times we did stop and pickup quick limits of trout, like you said, they dont fight as good as duct stripers but its still lots of fun.

Did you ever make it over to Isabella to get into the crappie bite, trust me its worth the trip.

Quote Originally Posted by Bassnman Mike View Post
    I've been spending time up in the Owens Valley lately catching bass as well as over at Isabella getting bass and LOTS of crappie. Its been a BLAST! While up north, a few times we did stop and pickup quick limits of trout, like you said, they dont fight as good as duct stripers but its still lots of fun.

Did you ever make it over to Isabella to get into the crappie bite, trust me its worth the trip.
    yep, there is no comparison... the striper fight way harder than trout.

yeah, i went to isabella a few weeks ago... the crappie bite was just starting to warm up so i only got a couple, but as you have said and many others-- the crappie bite is going off now. i'll probably make a trip over there for some slabs soon.

yep, there is no comparison... the striper fight way harder than trout.

yeah, i went to isabella a few weeks ago... the crappie bite was just starting to warm up so i only got a couple, but as you have said and many others-- the crappie bite is going off now. i'll probably make a trip over there for some slabs soon.
    Let me know when your heading over, maybe we can meet up there. If nothing else I can hook you up with the spot.

About what time did you land those two?

it was around 6:30 am