Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Tough conditions

Default Tough conditions

Went out this morning, hit my spot at 515 and worked the beach fan casting the LC. The surf has high and tons of surfers out there. Very little salad, water was nice and warm but no fish today...
    My brother was tossing swimbaits working the beach as well and he did get a hit but came unbuttoned, oh well that's fishing. The weather was nice and always enjoy being in the water as the sun comes up. Anywho, good luck to those that fish hopefully they have better luck than my brother and I.

Alex

You gave it a good effort Alex... sometimes you catch them, sometimes you don't.
    Get back out there once the swells have settled and do it again.
    Did the surfers come at grey light? I like to fish the grey light before all the surfer come out.

Hey wingnut,

Most of the surfers didn't show until a bit after grey light. I did fish just before the grey light but nothing...that's been my theme lately but at least I got out to fish. It's always nice to fish regardless. Hopefully I'll have pictures next time. Can't wait to get out next week during the grunion run. I really enjoy surf fishing. This time I made sure not to bring anything but LC's. I'll nail one soon...I hope, lol.
    Last edited by madbass; 05-18-2013 at 07:50 PM.

Grind out fishing. I'm glad youre putting some work.... Good for u!!! Thought you'd b at Nados:) I'll get up my lazy arse soon. Happy hunting my brotha!

Quote Originally Posted by russ88 View Post
    Grind out fishing. I'm glad youre putting some work.... Good for u!!! Thought you'd b at Nados:) I'll get up my lazy arse soon. Happy hunting my brotha!
    Hey Russ,

Wish I was chasing yellowtail. Been surf fishing with a purpose for 3 weeks straight now. I'm on a mission to land a butt, so far butts 3, Alex 0.....let go when you get some time, nothing like being in the water and waiting for that bite. Hit me up, long weekend coming up.

Thanks for the report Alex. You got to enjoy your time on the sand at least. Good luck on your next outing!

-Peter

Quote Originally Posted by ptn View Post
    Thanks for the report Alex. You got to enjoy your time on the sand at least. Good luck on your next outing!

-Peter
    It's always nice to be out fishing, especially now that the water is warming up. Can't catch a butt from the couch, lol.
    I'll it the sand again this coming week end, hopefully I get one. See u on the sand sometime.

Alex