Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Made in China !!

Threads like this make me want to punch myself in the face. If gear was produced here none of us would be able to afford any of it. And the Obama bashing is just stupid and should be a punishable offense.....BLEH!!

I apologize if this is a bit off topic, I will start a new thread if needed. But we all have an idea of what is wrong, not just with mfg/jobs being lost abroad, but gun control, taxes, healthcare etc...
    What, as citizens, do we do about it? The old adage "make your voice be heard at the ballot box" does not seem to apply anymore. There are so many back room deals made between these politicians to further each of their own agendas that we the people, for the people has been flushed down the drain.
    The tea party, the 99%'ers were a step in the right direction, but they seem to fizzle out for some reason (99%'ers were a clusterf***) We are all furious, but we just sit at home, watch tv and allow our government to abuse us.
    Minus the violence, we need to take notes from the middle east countries on how to make our voice heard..lol

Quote Originally Posted by old pudd fisher View Post
    I know this has been a topic before but why is everything that you buy is made in China. I'am retired and have to watch how I spend my money, just makes me mad that most of the stuff is made in China. I even bought a can of good old WD 40 and it said on the can that it was Mfg. for WD-40 Company. Hell was that made in China to ?
    I think you just answered your own question "I'am retired and have to watch how I spend my money". Unfortuantely, the cost of wages in china is lower than the usa, thus the lower prices and its made there. If you want USA made product, it'll cost more, much more. Although you may be willing to pay more, the masses are not and it comes down to economics.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post
    the only people to bash are the people buying the products, which is everyone. this isn't something the government decided, its what consumers decided and private corporations decided.

See if you can hire anyone for $1 or less an hour. The USA will never be a leading manufacturing country, we will always be a service based company. That is until we can make product as cheaply as another competing nation. One of the few times and industries where the USA can compete is when safety/innovation is worth more than the price. As mentioned before, airlines etc have much more to lose by saving a few bucks. So quality is their number #1 priority.

I have a manufacturing company, and I make 95% of my product in china, however I also do have production here in the USA. Its a balance of quality and pricing that keeps my USA production going.

Quote Originally Posted by flyhigh123 View Post
    I think you just answered your own question "I'am retired and have to watch how I spend my money". Unfortuantely, the cost of wages in china is lower than the usa, thus the lower prices and its made there. If you want USA made product, it'll cost more, much more. Although you may be willing to pay more, the masses are not and it comes down to economics.
    Yeah I guess thats how it is. Kind of wish I didn't start this thread.

I have a manufacturing company, and I make 95% of my product in china, however I also do have production here in the USA. Its a balance of quality and pricing that keeps my USA production going.
    How much does it cost you to import your product (95% completed) into the US for the rest of the 5%?

Oh, and does the 5% of manufactoring you do here allow you to put "made in the usa" on it?

Quote Originally Posted by old pudd fisher View Post
    Yeah I guess thats how it is. Kind of wish I didn't start this thread.
    Well, i love USA made products. It just has a sense of quality and the feel is different. Usually the companies that make usa product understand the value of their product so many times its not the cheapest on the market. And the target customer is not looking for the cheapest but a well made product.

Its just anything that is mass produced, normally finds its way to overseas manufacturing. China is also slowly losing their competitive edge in manufacturing as well. As a country grows and their people want more, its hard for a country to sustain low wages.

On a somewhat positive note, manufacturing is coming back to the USA, but not in the form that we really want. Some cars are assembled entirely by machine with no human interation. These are the future of the large factories in the USA.

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo1 View Post
    How much does it cost you to import your product (95% completed) into the US for the rest of the 5%?

Oh, and does the 5% of manufactoring you do here allow you to put "made in the usa" on it?
    The cost to import normally is around 3k-5k for a full 40foot container which includes broker fees etc. The 5% i manufacture in the USA, means that i make it start to finish, so those do have a made in the USA sticker on it.

The cost to import normally is around 3k-5k for a full 40foot container which includes broker fees etc. The 5% i manufacture in the USA, means that i make it start to finish, so those do have a made in the USA sticker on it.
    So it is cheaper to make your products abroad and bring them here. Does the US government charge you a fee to import your goods?

Ive got no problem with you or what you're doing. But this is the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo1 View Post
    So it is cheaper to make your products abroad and bring them here. Does the US government charge you a fee to import your goods?

Ive got no problem with you or what you're doing. But this is the problem.
    I can't say whether its a problem or not, but it is what it is. Commerce must continue and for me to stay competitive, this is the only way. The products I make abroad are based on cost so i can compete. There are some products where I need a higher quality so I make it here in the US.

Each type of product will may or may not have an import tariff. My products I believe do not have a tariff.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast