Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Made in China !!

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo1 View Post
    If you wanna bash a president for everything being made in China, blame Nixon.

andd 661Bass'n is correct; it's the cheap labor.
    I thought we were supposed to blame Bush for everything?

Quote Originally Posted by DockRat View Post
    Nobody cares OPF especially the younger generation.
    97% of clothing sold in the US is made overseas.
    I am so sick seeing this country go downhill.
    Obama is so lame he will go down as the biggest failure of a president ever.
    What a frickin joke of a prez.
    DR
    Hi DocRat,

I loved the cute little happy prez and company thing ala bob, you posted on my bat (A.K.A) catfish signal post. Do you know why the prez and company are so happy in the picture? As mediocre as they were, they still won back the presidency. Why did they win? Because the Republicans and their philosophy was even worse, then what the Demorats were offering.

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo1 View Post
    If you wanna bash a president for everything being made in China, blame Nixon.

andd 661Bass'n is correct; it's the cheap labor.
    Lol, bash Obama? Sure, why not, after all he's a member of the party that loves to tax and spend this country into oblivion. Nixon? Sure, he was a liberal repub so why not? But his original intentions and thoughts were if people in China got a taste of capitalism, they would revolt and cause the fall of the communist regime, and they did just that, but we all know what happened, the Tienanmen Square massacre occurred and pretty much shut down the freedom and democracy movement. Cheap labor could and should be met with tariffs to even the playing field. And don't get me started on Clinton's NAFTA...

Quote Originally Posted by etucker1959 View Post
    Hi DocRat,

I loved the cute little happy prez and company thing ala bob, you posted on my bat (A.K.A) catfish signal post. Do you know why the prez and company are so happy in the picture? As mediocre as they were, they still won back the presidency. Why did they win? Because the Republicans and their philosophy was even worse, then what the Demorats were offering.
    Bwahahaha, oh please tucker, coming from a guy who thinks we should go back to mercantilism?

Regardless which administration is to blame, unless the US becomes a third world country (which California is rapidly going towards), and citizens who are tired of being unemployed for years at a time and will take huge pay cuts to get back into the workforce, corporations will sacrifice the US Worker to save a buck.

Ive been an independent IT consultant for several years now. Recently, business has gone south so Ive looked into the job market. I even have a customer who gets their phone support from a company in India, and they only call on me if they need "hands on" work...Jobs that used to start at ~65k are now starting at ~40k. Im not sure if that is specific to my line of work, but if its across the board, then we are certainly digressing.

There was a story I heard on the radio where this programmer for, I believe it was AT&T, he was making 125k/yr. Great paying job, smart dude, so smart that he hired his own programmer in China. He paid the Chinese programmer 25k/yr to do his work, even had that guy awake and programming stuff in the same time zone as the US guy..lol
    Last edited by casting call; 05-17-2013 at 09:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by casting call View Post
    Regardless which administration is to blame, unless the US becomes a third world country (which California is rapidly going towards), and citizens who are tired of being unemployed for years at a time and will take huge pay cuts to get back into the workforce, corporations will sacrifice the US Worker to save a buck.

Ive been an independent IT consultant for several years now. Recently, business has gone south so Ive looked into the job market. Jobs that used to start at ~65k are now starting at ~40k. Im not sure if that is specific to my line of work, but if its across the board, then we are certainly digressing.
    It's not specific to your line of work. Before the crash, my line of work paid an $80,000 a year salary plus $20,000 in a bennie package, non-union. And yes, I had a "cadillac" medical plan for my family of five that cost me under $400.00 a month. I have taken a huge pay-cut and work for myself now. It's very hard to compete when I have go up against those that are here from the 3rd world and will work for pennies. So indeed, we are becoming a third world state, very quickly.

I blame both parties, one for allowing it to happen, and one for making it happen...
    Last edited by HawgZWylde; 05-17-2013 at 09:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by HawgZWylde View Post
    It's not specific to your line of work. Before the crash, my line of work paid an $80,000 a year salary plus $20,000 in a bennie package, non-union. And yes, I had a "cadillac" medical plan for my family of five that cost me under $400.00 a month. I have taken a huge pay-cut and work for myself now. It's very hard to compete when I have go up against those that are here from the 3rd world and will work for pennies. So indeed, we are becoming a third world state, very quickly.

I blame both parties, one for allowing it to happen, and one for making it happen...
    I agree 110%.

Quote Originally Posted by casting call View Post

Ive been an independent IT consultant for several years now. Recently, business has gone south so Ive looked into the job market. I even have a customer who gets their phone support from a company in India, and they only call on me if they need "hands on" work...Jobs that used to start at ~65k are now starting at ~40k. Im not sure if that is specific to my line of work, but if its across the board, then we are certainly digressing.

There was a story I heard on the radio where this programmer for, I believe it was AT&T, he was making 125k/yr. Great paying job, smart dude, so smart that he hired his own programmer in China. He paid the Chinese programmer 25k/yr to do his work, even had that guy awake and programming stuff in the same time zone as the US guy..lol
    Ya that is a true story, but I beleive he went to jail as well, since he was providing proprietary information....lol

Made in China? Yeah, even my wife was made in China. <3 And so were a lot of members of this site.

IMO, it's mainly the cheap labor (the workers there are treated horribly for the most part) and "free trade" (i.e. lack of tariffs) which has attracted manufacturers to China. Also, there work force is relatively hard working, disciplined, and educated.

I agree with that Robert .

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast