Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Made in China !!

Default Made in China !!

I know this has been a topic before but why is everything that you buy is made in China. I'am retired and have to watch how I spend my money, just makes me mad that most of the stuff is made in China. I even bought a can of good old WD 40 and it said on the can that it was Mfg. for WD-40 Company. Hell was that made in China to ?

WD-40, made and mfg in San Diego, Ca., U.S.A. ! I am with you though. Negative with made in china crap!

Not all products from China are shite. The reason why so many products from that country are crap is because the workers are given poor material to work with and much of those materials are from American companies too!

Don't think that the stuff made in China is crap, I think it's well made stuff . My computer is a Lenovo and was made in China and so is the chair I'am sitting in right now, they both are great. I guess I'am just a complaining old fart wishing that more things were made here in the USA...It would be good for us.

Well I for one will never fly in a Airplane that is built in China. If it gets to that I'll walk in my Chinese made shoes...

WWO

Nobody cares OPF especially the younger generation.
    97% of clothing sold in the US is made overseas.
    I am so sick seeing this country go downhill.
    Obama is so lame he will go down as the biggest failure of a president ever.
    What a frickin joke of a prez.
    DR

Quote Originally Posted by DockRat View Post
    Nobody cares OPF especially the younger generation.
    97% of clothing sold in the US is made overseas.
    I am so sick seeing this country go downhill.
    Obama is so lame he will go down as the biggest failure of a president ever.
    What a frickin joke of a prez.
    DR
    It's been awhile since we had a good political free for all here in the general section. Perhaps it's time we do in light of all that's been taking place i.e. Benghazigate, IRSgate, Fast & Furiousgate, Justice department spying on the pressgate, and the coming fiscal disaster from Obozocare, which is turning into a "gate" as well with more and more of the stuff nobody read until now coming out that has nothing to do with healthcare but is in the bill. And let's not forget the Boston bombings that seems everyone was telling us these bombers were a danger and all we did was give them welfare, food stamps, and free college.

Oh, and OPF, I agree with you 100%. Most of the stuff being made in China and elsewhere used to be made here, but taxes, regulations, mandates, and fee's drove them overseas. We have the highest corporate taxes in the world and some of the most overbearing regulations and mandates. Funny how certain "corps" like our job czar Jeffery Immelt's GE pays none though, and they still outsource big time...

I agree, wish our current generation would still produce most goods and services in the USA. But, It's about money, and the fact is labor is cheaper over seas than it is in the US. I was in the military, and I bought a baseball jersey in Korea for 20 bucks, I have seen the identical jersey here in sports stores for over 60 bucks. The messed up thing about it, is that the jersey were probably made by the same people. It's unfortunate, but money is a big part of the why. Just my opinion....

Alex

If you wanna bash a president for everything being made in China, blame Nixon.

andd 661Bass'n is correct; it's the cheap labor.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast