Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Hunting the Flat Kind 5/10/ am A week late, SORRY!!

Default Hunting the Flat Kind 5/10/ am A week late, SORRY!!

I meant to post this last week so here it it is. Better late than never! My arm is finally feeling better and I am able to cast without pain. I had an hour to fish this morning so off to my Hali grounds I went armed with my Phenix Recon C804MH, Lews Speed Spool Tournament Pro loaded with 40lb Sufix 832 Braid, 16 inches of 15lb mono leader and a half dozen LC Flashminnow 110's. Got to the sand at 8:00am at a San Diego beach and started working nothing but good looking structure. Started with the Metallic Sardine and switched to the Sexy Aji mid way through. Couldn't buy a bite for the first 45 minutes. Made it back to a huge hole that I saw at the start of my hunt that was to shallow to fish at first. The water had filled in nicely and it looked really fishy. I worked the hole hard fan casting it, working it from the sides etc. With about ten minutes to go I get slammed and fish on! Major head shake action and some good drag burning runs. Soon I see the fish and I know for it is legal. Worked it through the hole and to the sand. Pretty stoked to be back in action and getting on the target species! Fish measured right between 26-27 inches. Had a really cool lady walking by that was just as stoked as I was and she gladly snapped a pic for me. AFter the photos I got the fish back to the water and released safely to fight another day. Can't wait to get back out there. Thanks for reading!!

Wow Bob! You've been tearing it up out there. That's another quality flatfish there.

Congrats and thanks for sharing!
    Don

Quote Originally Posted by bachiboy View Post
    Wow Bob! You've been tearing it up out there. That's another quality flatfish there.

Congrats and thanks for sharing!
    Don
    Thank you Sir The Flat kind have welcomed me back in a great way. One of these days I will join the 30+ inch club.

Nice flattie! Congrats on the catch Bob! Thanks for sharing.

-Peter

Thumbs up

What's wrong with the arm Bob?
    I had tennis elbow once, took like 3 months to mend. Casting was miserable.
    You're on fire with the legal Flatties, keep up the nice work out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Wingnut View Post
    What's wrong with the arm Bob?
    I had tennis elbow once, took like 3 months to mend. Casting was miserable.
    You're on fire with the legal Flatties, keep up the nice work out there.
    I hurt it back in December. Originally it was diagnosed as a torn bicep/hyper extended elbow. No MRI was done the day of the injury. A couple months ago it was still bothering me. I made an appointment and the doc sent me for an MRI. Turns out I have a complete rupture of the distal biceps tendon. Basically the tendon that runs from the bicep through the elbow and connects to the bone in the forearm is no longer connected to my forearm, it completely snapped off. SInce it's been so long surgery isn't much of an option now because of all the scaring and because my tendon has completely retracted into my bicep. The pain is almost completely gone but I was told that my strength in my right arm will never be 100%. I have lost about 40% of my strength in that arm.

Nice Halibut Bob, you know what you're doing and it shows. SWAT material if I do say so myself, just sayin'