Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: S.W.A.T Just a few more points for the Youngins

Smile

Jason, We "Old Timers" would like to apologize for blowing the boots right off the Young Guns with the way we've been fishing...

Bachiboy is right... only surf catches count for points.... read the fine print of the "Rules of Engagement."
    Only a couple of weeks left gentlemen!

Congrats to the 3 Calicos and 1 Sand bass, thats pretty good for a session worth. Glad you put some points for the younguns!
    Sorry to hear you lost that lure, on the 1st cast.
    Thanks for the report!

Albert (jinbow)

Quote Originally Posted by dlmoo312 View Post
    Nice job out there Jason! Every point counts at this point
    It seems like you have better luck using your thrasher LCs lol
    Glad to hear you got your boot replaced. I was feeling bad for you during our last outing especially after seeing that your foot was completely exposed.
    My new waders just came in the mail today so it looks like the both of us are back in business Now we just need to get ken a pair!

-Daniel
    Too bad my points didn't count. Didn't realize that the catches had to be from the "sand". Oh well, I'll just have to do more fishing. I tipped off ken on a good deal on some waders, so hopefully he'll be getting a pair soon.

Quote Originally Posted by 5150fishn View Post
    Nice sandies bro! Sounds like a good day on the water. Thanks for the report and pics.
    Thanks. Conditions were fairly rough out there that day, but fishable. Glad I was able to find a few bass.

Quote Originally Posted by skunked4life View Post
    Jaysuun! Great job out there! By the way, did you buy the wader shoes? I have a promo code for 20% off. Let me know!
    Ken, I already bought the boots. Did you find some waders?

Quote Originally Posted by bachiboy View Post
    Ummm, not to burst your bubble bro, but guess you didn't know that the fish caught off the rocks don't count. I actually was asking Arthur that as we ventured out there last weekend. I think he'd actually have added more points to our total with a couple checkers he got, but he said it's not technically "surf-caught". Sorry to hear about the boots...nice fish though!

Don

Amendment...MY BAD, I just re-read the rules in the PM and turd-rollers didn't have the "surf only" stipulation, so it's points for the Youngin's after all! Sorry about that and CONGRATS J!
    Don, yes, you bursted my bubble! LOL j/k It's all good a bass is a bass and if this is a surf challenge then technically it should be caught on sand. I'll just need to find some bass that are willing to play in the surf

Quote Originally Posted by exfactor View Post
    If your wearing out your wader shoes, your boldly going, and working it hard. Bonus points for that from me!!!! I'm on my 5th pair now lol.
    Whoa! 5th Pair! That was barely my first pair. haahahha

Quote Originally Posted by murrieta angler View Post
    Hey Jason,
    Good job with calico's Bro...
    Too bad about the boots though, why can't the manufacturers make better quality products?!
    It's almost "W" Day, are you ready?!
    I might get out on Sunday, depends on the weather though.
    Take care,
    Robert
    <><

p.s. tell tess Hi
    Robert, the boots were pretty cheap anyways. I'm surprised they lasted this long. My new pair is much nicer.

I can't believe the big day is almost here. Still so much more to do and time is going by so fast. I wish I could do some fishing on Sunday, but I'm working graveyard.

Quote Originally Posted by Which Way Out View Post
    You guys get so many different kinds of fish to shoot for down there.

Congrats Jason. Get em while you can.

WWO
    Thanks Bill. Looks like the northerner beaches are heating up. Time for you to land a nice fish of your own.

Quote Originally Posted by jerryG View Post
    Looks like you tore up the bass and tore up your boots too.. Some good results to show for your efforts and earned some points for the Young Guns too. All and all another successful trip. Sorry to hear about the lost Cultiva though. I have that same one but a different pattern (metallic sardine originally but all the paint chipped off so I touched it up with nail polish). I have had that lure for years and although I have not fished it much. It does catch fish. I remember catching at least one legal halibut on it plus some shorts and some perch.

JerryG
    Thanks Jerry. I need to get me another one those lures. Glad to hear you've had a positive experience with them. Maybe next time I should cast away from the boiler rocks so it'll last long enough to catch me some fish.

Quote Originally Posted by ptn View Post
    Don't you hate malfunctions when you are fishing?! At least you didn't let that deter you and you caught some fish the next day. Nice bass and keep racking up those points! Congrats on the fat sandie Jason.

-Peter
    It was about time to retire those boots anyways. The heels had broken off those awhile back and I'm surprised they lasted this long for me. That sandie looked like she was eating well, too bad it didn't count on the scoreboard though.

Quote Originally Posted by Wingnut View Post
    Jason, We "Old Timers" would like to apologize for blowing the boots right off the Young Guns with the way we've been fishing...

Bachiboy is right... only surf catches count for points.... read the fine print of the "Rules of Engagement."
    Only a couple of weeks left gentlemen!
    hahahahha I'll be sure to keep my feet planted in the sand next time. I guess I'll have to find some bass elsewhere

Quote Originally Posted by jinbow View Post
    Congrats to the 3 Calicos and 1 Sand bass, thats pretty good for a session worth. Glad you put some points for the younguns!
    Sorry to hear you lost that lure, on the 1st cast.
    Thanks for the report!

Albert (jinbow)
    Albert, the points didn't count since they were caught off the rocks. Too bad. I'll try scoring more points another day. Oh and I'll get a new lure too.

your 16incher kinda looks like a calico/sandy mix
    Last edited by dlmoo312; 05-18-2013 at 09:08 PM.

pretty cool... hats of to you!

Wow those boots looks pretty tough to come apart like that.
    Points or no points, you caught some nice fish there Jason, good job.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12