Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: S.W.A.T Just a few more points for the Youngins

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default S.W.A.T Just a few more points for the Youngins

So my last surf session with Daniel ended up in a big fat SKUNK and during that session my wader boots finally decided to call it quits.

I'll make this short. Didn't plan on fishing, but I headed to Sports Authority to buy some replacements and decided to do a last minute fishing trip. Conditions were not ideal, but I felt like getting the line wet and I felt the need to contribute some points to the Whippersnappers. After hearing about Daniel's WSBs I decided to head to the same spot hoping they would still be hangin around. I combed the area for the first hour and a half without a nibble and was starting to smell the skunk, when I snagged a short leo (not pictured). Well... skunk was off, but that catch was accidental and that still felt like a skunk to me. Headed out to the rocks and landed my first decent fish of the morning.

Casted again and bang! A better model

But not enough for some points.

Another shortie

I picked up this lure at the LFS. It's an Owner Cultiva. I thought it would be a killer pattern for the bass, but I lost it on the first cast!

I tied on one of my "thrasher" LC's and ended the day with this fat sandie. Finally! Some Points!

Thanks for reading
    Last edited by Jaysuuun; 05-16-2013 at 01:16 PM.