Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: S.W.A.T. Rendezvous with the Commander

Great job for both of you guys!
    Congratulations Daniel! Those WSB are amazing looking, multiple dark stripes with shiny purple back, love em.
    Again, you guys did a hell of a job out there, so many fishes, varieties and surprises. Wished I was there too... hahaha.
    Very good report Dan, thanks for the pictures and moments.
    Albert (jinbow)

S W A T ROCKS,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Thats all there is to it,,,,,one day im going to ask for surf lessions from you guys.

TRAIL BLAZER

Quote Originally Posted by ml8fish View Post
    Congrats on your first WSB from surf! Quite a nice session you had there! Check your pm

Ml8fish
    Thanks ml8fish! pm replied

Quote Originally Posted by Jaysuuun View Post
    I forgot I had the pic of your first bass on my camera. I really hoped the fish cooperated for us that day cause I was ready to put some points on the board. It's all good though because you scored those nice WSB on this follow up mission. I went today on a whim, hoping to see if the WSB were still hangin around, but couldn't find any. Thanks for putting up some points for the Youngins and congrats on your first WSB.

Daniels first bass.
    Thanks Jason. At least you did a lot better today than our previous outing We still got 2 more weeks to catch up!

Quote Originally Posted by TheNotoriousSkunk View Post
    Nice catches dlmoo312 and Wingnut! I'm still waiting to get a WSB from the surf. Those are nice ones
    Thanks! Goodluck out there! The fishing has really been heating up lately

Quote Originally Posted by DockRat View Post
    Congrats on the WSB.
    DR
    Thanks DR!

Quote Originally Posted by skunked4life View Post
    "Wait, let me step on your line!" as you can see I wasn't amused"

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHA!!!

Damn Daniel, you want that trophy bad! Bad enough to sneak attack on Arthur...Too bad he is unstoppable right now.

Nice job out there on the WSB! So jealz right now.
    We can't let the oldies get away with an easy win We still got 2 whole weeks left
    Thanks Ken! When the fish came into view, it took a moment for me to realize what I had hooked lol but it was an awesome feeling! You'll get yours, Ken. Just a matter of being at the right place at the right time

Quote Originally Posted by bachiboy View Post
    Way to go out there guys! Congrats on your first WSB from the surf Daniel! Nice little bonus to a fun outing.

I don't know...I thought it was pretty damned hilarious!
    You're gonna have to step up your game if you wanna beat me...well, in the lost LC catagory that is.

Great report and picts! Thanks for sharing.
    Don
    Lol I thought it was pretty funny and had a good laugh. I think I was just concentrating on bringing in the fish in the picture
    Don't worry Don, the lost lc title is all yours

Quote Originally Posted by murrieta angler View Post
    Uhhhhh, no comment?!?

That was the first laught I had all day...

You had a great session out there Daniel, I hope you went back for the afternoon bite...
    You and Arturo tore that place up!!
    Thanks for the report and congrats on your 1st's

Robert
    <><
    Thanks Robert! Arthur caught me off guard with that joke but I have to admit it was pretty funny and we had a good laugh about it

Quote Originally Posted by ptn View Post
    Great report Daniel! Thanks for putting up a bunch of points for the Young Guns. I seem to be in a dry spell and can't put up any real points. Those are some beautiful WSB and I like the bars on them. That LC looks awesome!! Congrats on the fish.

Arthur, no comment.. Nice chunky calico though.

-Peter
    Thanks Peter! There's still 2 weeks left and plenty of time for you to go on another hot streak. Even one solid day could potentially change the game
    WSB definitely are one of the most beautiful catches from the surf.

Quote Originally Posted by jinbow View Post
    Great job for both of you guys!
    Congratulations Daniel! Those WSB are amazing looking, multiple dark stripes with shiny purple back, love em.
    Again, you guys did a hell of a job out there, so many fishes, varieties and surprises. Wished I was there too... hahaha.
    Very good report Dan, thanks for the pictures and moments.
    Albert (jinbow)
    Thanks Albert! I agree, the wsb are very beautiful fish. I might be doing some recon around your favorite AO this weekend.. Will let you know

Quote Originally Posted by trail blazer View Post
    S W A T ROCKS,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Thats all there is to it,,,,,one day im going to ask for surf lessions from you guys.

TRAIL BLAZER
    Appreciate the support TB

Quote Originally Posted by Wingnut View Post
    While I was hiking down, I could make out a faint outline of a fisherman in the surf through the morning fog. I thought to myself... this might be Daniel. I was gonna Ninja up behind you quietly and scare the crap out of you, but saw how hard you were casting to that kelp bed and decided to yell "Poacher!" instead. Didn't want any part of the LC on your backcast, lol The fish was pretty active all morning, I was getting hit left and right, but nothing really worthwhile. When you told me that you just beached a couple of juvenile WSB, I said let's just keep bombarding the area, because it sounds like a school of Ghosts is passing through and there might be some tankers cruising with them. Too bad they didn't come back, but that certainly gave us some extra motivation to fish harder that morning.
    Congrats on a couple of new species and PB's from the surf.
    I hope that LC will still hold more magic for you before its retirement.
    Nice job getting some points on the board for the Diaper Gang, but the Old Farts sure erased those points quick, didn't we?
    Two weeks left in the competition, good luck everybody!

As of today 5/15, the point standings are as follows:
    Team Veterans - 80 points
    Team Rookies - 45 points

BTW, when we were working the surf towards the end of the session there with you leading the way, you all of the sudden backed out of the surf and I immediately stepped in and caught that nice Calico. You said you needed a restroom break? Did you know that you really didn't need to
    ... Rookies fall for Jedi Mind Tricks every time.

Here are some of my pics of the morning...

This foul-hooked Leo gave me quite a battle in the grey light... thought I had at least 10 points.

Damn Queenfish... they make great Halibut bait.

One of my short Halibut.

A few Calico Bass from the rocks.

Always a plus when you're able to reach the kelp beds at low tide.

Halibut? Did somebody say Halibut?!? Romeo loves Halibut!
    I was concentrating pretty hard at that point, and i'm sure if you crept up behind me you would've scared the $#$% out of me.. thanks for changing your mind
    After you came down and we started fishing again, I was sure the added "Wingnut mojo" was going to bring in some more wsb. Too bad they didn't stick around this time, but things really came to life and we had a great session. Thien always talks about that candy sardine you gave him, and after today, i'm a believer in the mojo Good thing I still have one more of your lures stashed away for when times really get tough It was a fun outing and next time I won't be falling for any more of those jedi mind tricks! btw you really hooked that queenfish good doesn't get much better than that lol
    Last edited by dlmoo312; 05-15-2013 at 11:56 PM.

Congrats on beaching your first wsb on top of your other new species! AND thanks for keeping us in the game!

You've been going crazy on your To-Catch List this year, with still over half a year left. What else is left on that list... just a yellowtail???
    Keep it up man. We need all the points we can get at this stage of the challenge. I finally get back to fishing starting tomorrow, so hopefully I get to contribute to the team. Go Youngins! LETS DO THIS!

Anywho, very nice report. I'll see you tomorrow

Thien

As of today 5/15, the point standings are as follows:
    Team Veterans - 80 points
    Team Rookies - 45 points

Only 2 weeks to go...Glass half empty, glass half full...we say half full. Team rookie, if you see this, I WILL DO MY PART before this thing is over in May...if it is the last thing I do on this earth this May...Remember, the Emperor gets dethroned at the end of Return of the Jedi. Yes it takes 6 movies to do so, but it happens!

You out fished the Commander??? Go buy yourself a lottery ticket.
    Nice session and way to earn some desperately needed points for the young guns.

Let me step on your line, that cracks me up.
    Nice job getting a couple of short white sea bass, now go get a legal one, you guys need the points.

Good job there boys! Thanks 4 the report!

Yeah Daniel....Sorry for missing this little adventure bro. My mind has been on other matters in life but I just had to say.......Absolute Slayage there bro in a spot that takes some serious dedication to even attempt to fish.
    Love the pics and also the adventure .
    Good to see that Arthur found someone to pick on except me! He sure is mischievious sometimes and sometimes just evil....LOL
    Scared me so bad one time he thought he was going to have to give me CPR.....

Hope we see some nice big legal WSB this year...it's that time!

See ya on the sand soon...be safe!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast