Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Nor Cal beaches are heating up!

Thumbs up Nor Cal beaches are heating up!

Had that twitchy feeling today after work. Its been really hot here for the last 2 days, and with the nice weather conditions, decided to go check out another AO. Left the casa at 6pm, and got dressed, and noticed alot of kelp in the surf line, along with a smattering of bait flipping here and there. Every cast brought and full on salad bar smorgasborg. I decided to keep walking, and casted along the way. There was no relief in sight, but kept wondering what was further up the beach. pretty soon, I'd gone a couple miles, and got around some boiler rocks. Kept trying, and wouldn't you know it, I got about a 10 crank retrieve without collecting salad. Got a whump, and swung on it. The drag started to go, and I figured I probably got a wiggles, actually tightened the drag, and chased it for 50 yards high sticking around all the obstacles in my way. It finally gets close, and I see silver! Had a couple perfect waves roll through, and up slides this nice 31" white sea bass on the beach. Now comes the fun part. I am trying to come into the 90's, and purchased an I phone last week. Took some pics, but haven't mastered all the bells and whistles with sending and such, so decided to invite her to dinner, and made some more casts. By this time, the sun is starting to get low, and i'm 2 miles from my truck. So, I take the first fish I've decided to bring home from the surf, and start the long haul back. got a nice tourist to snap a few more shots for me, and Called Bill WWO. He and his wife invite me to dinner, and let me tell you, seabass sashimi is the bomb! We also made some Miso and I may be looking for an asian gf soon. I will post up pics when I figure out how to do it here. The fogies are coming on strong!!!!

Last edited by Wingnut; 05-14-2013 at 08:50 AM. Reason: Adding pics for Mikey.

Way to go Mikey!!! Though the Youngin's managed to grab some points over the weekend, it looks like you managed to snatch em back in short order! Glad to hear things are perking up for you guys up north. With all the reports of ghosts coming from the boaters, I figured we'd be hearing about you laying into one but I never woulda guessed it was gonna come off the sand. Nice job out there!

Congrats!!!
    Don

Sounds like the walked payed off'
    Download the free photobucket app,,
    Send the pics from your phone there,,

Cm

No pics, it doesn't count! j/k LOL I've been waiting for this report ever since I got the text update from the commander. I'm hoping for my own legal WSB this year. WTG Mikey. Let's see some pics! Perhaps one of us youngins can show you how to operate your new iPhone?

Who needs pictures?
    Not only was that a nice fish Mikey, it was a great dinner as well. Thank you for sharing, Noriko was thrilled.

Glad to see something came out of that water. I knew something had to pop in that area soon. Glad it was you that sealed the deal. Now if we can just keep it a secret for a little while. Those poacher youngins might try to sneak in and get one.......We know who you are! Good luck today Roy Just don't scare em away, I want one.

WWO

Yum...WSB sashimi! Very kind of you to share. Also, x2 on the asian gf. I have one and she is as good as the asian wife! JUST JOKING! Love my wife and would never cheat on her with anyone except for barely legal wsb, halibut, calicos...

Sweet job Mikey!!
    I had a feeling the WSB would make an appearance with the hot weather.
    I just though I was going to get a bunch of text, like last year, showing some 40-65 pound babies...
    They will be here soon enough.
    Thanks for sharing Brotha,
    Robert
    <><

Thumbs up Awesome!

Nice Ghost Yoda, 15 points for the Over the Hill Gang!
    Roy catches a legal Halibut and Mikey ups the ante with a legal White Sea Bass, lol
    Keep this up and I'll be in your backyard soon.
    The WSB have made their appearance with all the intel I've been getting within the past week or so. Hopefully, the Squid will hang around for awhile.
    Very cool of Bill & Noriko to invite you to dinner... I would too if somebody was bringing over a fresh WSB, lol

As of today 5/14, the point standings are as follows:
    Team Veterans - 80 points
    Team Rookies - 40 points

Just as soon as the bite starts,,,,,,,,,,,,,in comes the winds!!!!!

WWO

Way to go Mikey!

Don't worry you'll catch on to the I-Phone real quick. I caught on just about time for the new model to come out.

Congrats on the big WSB and I'm sure you're going to score many more points for the Older Generation.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast