Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Littlerock Creek

Default Littlerock Creek

please delete this post
    Last edited by droozy; 05-24-2013 at 06:58 PM.

If it's off limits, why the hell would you blast it on the net for all to see?

Quote Originally Posted by Fish Cop View Post
    If it's off limits, why the hell would you blast it on the net for all to see?
    Because I'm sure many people like me used to fish that creek back in the day before it got closed down and were curious how it was doing and if any trout were still alive.

I posted this only because it was off limits. Otherwise I'd keep something like this secret. It would be dangerous and illegal to go back there alone or without someone permitted to do so. Anyone is welcome to message me if they wanna know more.

Peace.

4. Default

Thank you for posting this. It's always nice to see what untouched waters look like"MUCH OF THIS REACH OF LITTLE ROCK CREEK IS IN AN AREA THAT HAS BEEN CLOSED TO PUBLIC ACCESS TO PROTECT THE ARROYO SOUTHWESTERN TOAD. PUBLIC USE IN THE CLOSED AREA IS PROHIBITED."

Arroyo toad, mountain yellow frog...good bye fishing!

Edit: somewhat related: Littlerock Reservoir has become somewhat popular with divers as of late:
    http://scuba-diving.info/freshwater-...-reservoir.php
    Last edited by carpanglerdude; 05-13-2013 at 09:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by carpanglerdude View Post
    Thank you for posting this. It's always nice to see what untouched waters look like"MUCH OF THIS REACH OF LITTLE ROCK CREEK IS IN AN AREA THAT HAS BEEN CLOSED TO PUBLIC ACCESS TO PROTECT THE ARROYO SOUTHWESTERN TOAD. PUBLIC USE IN THE CLOSED AREA IS PROHIBITED."

Arroyo toad, mountain yellow frog...good bye fishing!

Edit: somewhat related: Littlerock Reservoir has become somewhat popular with divers as of late:
    http://scuba-diving.info/freshwater-...-reservoir.php
    I hope they keep that canyon closed off forever. It's a pristine area with some interesting wildlife too that is allowed to thrive due to the remoteness.

I'd hate to see that place trashed by families of 10 grilling carne asada and throwing diapers and tapatio sauce bottles into the creek with all their other trash.

Quote Originally Posted by droozy View Post
    I hope they keep that canyon closed off forever. It's a pristine area with some interesting wildlife too that is allowed to thrive due to the remoteness.

I'd hate to see that place trashed by families of 10 grilling carne asada and throwing diapers and tapatio sauce bottles into the creek with all their other trash.
    No kiddin....

Awesome report.. Barely touched creek photos are awesome to see . Wish I was there. Nice to see a report with a Lil discovery channel added .. Nice work ..

this was pretty cool. i grew up not too far from there and used to fish that creek when i was a kid before it closed down. not sure about why people would wanna scuba dive in that lake though, theres nothing really down there to look at except for mud and fish..unless thats what you wanna look at. i used to 4-wheel in it when they would drain it all the time...

I take it you don't like Mexicans.
    Quote Originally Posted by droozy View Post

Quote Originally Posted by cee hubb View Post
    I take it you don't like Mexicans.
    That's not what he was trying to get at. At least I don't think he was.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast