Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: A Legal Halibut for “Mom” S.W.A.T. Veterans Pad Their Lead! Saturday 5/11

Quote Originally Posted by Jaysuuun View Post
    Nate, nice ride! What kind is it? I own a Kona Dawg myself, but haven't hit the trails in over a year. Did you really take that sketchy trail all the way down with all your gear? Yikes!
    Jason - Its an older Santa Cruz Blur/XTR. And admittedly, there were a couple of 1 or 2 foot drop offs that I wussed out on - what, with my waders and backpack n' all. I need to find some Simms wading boots with SPD clips on the bottom!! Hahaha!!

Quote Originally Posted by bloox8 View Post
    Nate, I think solo might be the way to go but how can you pass on fishing with your brothers??? Dilemmas dilemmas..
    Thien - YES! Dilemmas indeed! I'm more of a team-player kind of guy, and fishing with El Jefe Grande is a real hoot, but he DOES tend to pull all of the prospective fish out of any given hole right under your nose, so... LOL. Unfortunately, my fishing schedule is completely determined by the Mrs, Work, and then God (conditions, etc). Maybe it should be the other way around, but in my reality, not so much. So, when all the stars align, and I get to go out and fish, I'll go with whomever is going, or just shoot out solo if I have to. I just love being out there in any case. Good therapy. Now its all about the legal, the Old Guy points, and the induction fish!!! (good luck with yours!) - Later!

Nate
    Last edited by bbqsushi; 05-13-2013 at 03:08 PM.

I knew team youngins were in trouble when they were already down in the points and Wingnut and Bones haven't even hit the surf yet.
    The rooks better get it in gear or this contest will be a blow out.
    Nice mother's day present Art. Good to see you at the poker tournament bro. Phuong still haven't stopped takling about his win. lol

Sorry for the late reply Art, been busy lately. Yes, busy spending the money I won at the poker tournament!!!
    I took down Wingnut at the poker table.
    OK enough gloating, nice Halibut bro.

Thumbs up Wingnut's Response...

Quote Originally Posted by Nipple Twister View Post
    Well done gentlemen, well done indeed........lots of bass reports as of late, very cool. Thanks for the text update Arthur........great pic/report and Nate rode his bike down THAT trail.....what a stud!!!!!!!!!

thx for sharing........
    Talking about Bass... Robert got an epic catch this morning!
    Quote Originally Posted by FishNFurious View Post
    I knew the rookies would be in trouble once the commander hit the water. I just got back from lake mead, killed it again.
    Nice mothers day gift for your mom Art. See you tonight bro. I don't care about the main tournament, see you at the cash table.

Sokha
    I heard about your Lake Mead trip... 70 Stripers is a lot of fish!
    Good seeing you at the tournament and at Sean's party bro.

Quote Originally Posted by bones View Post
    Another awesome job out there in drained conditions Arthur. When you told me that you wanted to make that hike I was very skeptical of the outcome. I should have known that you three would still stir up something to make it worth the time.
    Very cool assault weapon there Nate...I bet the downhill was fun but that uphill had to kick your booty......LOL
    I gotta keep it close to home in the AM because of the Mothers Day thing but good luck out there tomorrow gentleman.....Finally my honey hole is coming alive. Nothing but shorts and crows for me today but I confirmed that some nice legals are finally moving in.

Team Old AS DIRT RULES!
    I hope your Honey Hole starts producing bro, we all the points we can get!

Quote Originally Posted by jinbow View Post
    Nice variety of fishes caught out there.
    The gap is getting bigger.
    Cool bike Nate.
    Arthur, congrats to your mother's day dinner, and yes we should fish together some day, hopefully very soon.

Albert (jinbow)
    Thanks Albert, let me know when you want to head out, been awhile since we shared the sand...

Quote Originally Posted by dlmoo312 View Post
    No matter where it is that you fish, you always seem to be able to pull out a nice butt!
    Congratulations on another successful outing commander! Can't believe Nate was able to bike it down that trail Well done! I remember ken was having trouble just hiking down
    Don't count us Young Guns out just yet.. the tides can turn in an instant

-Daniel
    The battle is heating up Daniel... you guys made a nice run last weekend to close the gap. But Robert had an epic session this morning.

Quote Originally Posted by ptn View Post
    I hate you.. Nice catches Arthur, great pictures and report as always. The old farts have a huge lead and are on fire.. Doesn't look like Mother's day weekend is slowing any of the Vets down.

Hi Nate, next time Arthur fishes next to you run away! He's pulling Jedi mind tricks again.. Biking down to that spot sounds like a good idea for that hike.

Hey Don, you are a machine! '

Nice outing and great company, couldn't have asked for a better day. Great job guys and might have to try some new tactics to turn the tide like Daniel said.

-Peter
    Don't hate me because I'm beautiful, lol
    Just when the Rookies thought they were closing the gap, Robert had an epic surf session this morning.
    Good luck tomorrow!

Quote Originally Posted by skunked4life View Post
    Coup de Tat! Coup de Tat!!!!!!

Don, Nate (by the way--you ARE a stud for riding down there!) and Romeo (yes--you too)...coup de tat! Come join us on the dark side and let's overthrow the Emperor!!! Arthus vs everyone else!

Commander...you are just too good. The Lord hath found favor in you sir!

I got no other words.
    Overthrow this!!!
    Congrats on the legal Halibut this morning Ken... not your induction fish, but worth some points at least.

Quote Originally Posted by murrieta angler View Post
    ...I was waiting for my text this morning...
    I didn't see last nights text till this morning.
    I had gotten a call, from a buddy of mine, and he told me that someone drove into a building, so I had to go this morning to get things worked out.
    Very cool of you to " PAD THE LEAD ". I know the youngins are just loving it...
    I didn't even think about keeping my legal today. I was hoping for a legal WSB...
    I am beat, thank for the report Brotha.
    Robert
    <><
    Whoohoo Roberto! You hit a grand Slam for Team Old Farts this morning. It gives us a little bit of breathing room with these Young Guns hot on your tails.
    Congrats once again and I can't wait for the report!

Quote Originally Posted by exfactor View Post
    Nothing but perch for us up here today, and loads of kelp. Starting to see bait along the shore though. We are gonna tear into the Mercury tomorrow, and hopefully get to the bottom of whats wrong with it. Need my gf back bad!!!!!!!!!. Some butts caught off Gav today.
    You did great Mikey, getting us 15 desperately needed points. Go get another one!

Quote Originally Posted by saltman View Post
    Arthur

As alway great report. You are right if it feels right go with it!
    Happy Mother Day to all.
    Ramiro.
    Thanks Ramiro, hope you've been catching a few yourself bro.

Quote Originally Posted by bbqsushi View Post
    Arthur - I'm conflicted... Fishing with you is both SUPER fun/exciting, ANNND super frustrating at the same time. Well, at least on a day like today, it was. Maybe if I had caught a legal, I'd say it was the BEST fishing day that I've had in a very long time. The 26" that you pulled was not my induction fish. That was your mother's day present for the Iron Chef - fair and square. My induction fish is still out there, and it'll come whenever God (and poseidon?) decides that its time. My only goal for today was to help contribute to the Fogey Stogey points count, and even though I failed in that mission, it was still a great morning. I'll have to get some points fish in the next couple of weeks. I need to do my part. After you guys left, I worked those areas a little bit more, got soaked cuz the tide was coming in, and didn't get any other good hits (like the one that I missed earlier...). DOH!!! In any case, I'm glad I got pass whatever stomach bug was screwing me up last night (thus, the tardiness), and I'm glad I had the opportunity to join you guys. Its always a good time!!!

Mike - You are corRECT sir!! The down hill was a total yeeehaaaww, but the uphill sucked. Me and "walking" don't get along, so the trek to and from the truck was well worth having to hoist the SWAT two-wheel assault vehicle up the hill. I look forward to a joint assault on the sand with you, one day soon. Oh, and BTW, as Arthur was busy pulling fish from the area right in front of me, I said "this is HUMILIATING". He laughed and said, "yah, I do that to Mike ALL the time!!!" So I just want to know that I feel your pain brothah!! (although, I know you get your victories now and then)

Peter - From what I just wrote above, you can see that I TOTALLY get what you mean by running away from the Commander, and his Jedi mind tricks. The dude is SICK with his methods and tactics though - its amazing to watch. Would love to crash the surf with you at some point!! (maybe w/o Yoda around? Just us Padawan's)

Don - Let's retie and get back out there!!!

Be good to those Mom's out there fellas!!

Old Guys Rule.
    Hey Nate, it was fun fishing with you my friend.
    The bike is a good idea for that area. We can probably hit a few more spots without burning ourselves out on the hike.
    But I think a S.W.A.T. helicopter would even be a better idea.
    I'm sure you will get that induction fish soon! Looking forward to fishing with you again.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaysuuun View Post
    Nice going guys. That has to be one of the best sessions I've seen out of that AO. Wow the youngins really have to put it into high gear and start scoring on some point worthy fish. LOL

Nate, nice ride! What kind is it? I own a Kona Dawg myself, but haven't hit the trails in over a year. Did you really take that sketchy trail all the way down with all your gear? Yikes!
    That A.O. is really hit and miss... but it has been hot lately. The Rookies are behind in points again, you better unleash your secret weapon, Tess!

Quote Originally Posted by Bob_B View Post
    Awesome!! ALways love reading your reports. How is that Lexa treating you? Is that the 7:1 or 6:1?
    7:1, I like it... not as durable and salt/sand resistant as the Luna, but casts farther. Keep up the nice job out there Bob.

Quote Originally Posted by Which Way Out View Post
    Points points points I am out the door in 5 to see if I can add a few to the total.

Good work Arthur. Reminds me of the Mothers day trip you and Bones had up here a couple years ago, when Roy got that one in the same hole Bones had just fished. The young Jedi (aka Roy) learned fast and is still pulling that crap on me.. He pulled a 20" out of a hole 30 seconds after I left it.

Good luck to all and Happy Mothers Day

WWO
    I remember that trip very well... Roy really came through for me that day.
    Get out there Bill, we need at least a couple of points from you buddy.

Quote Originally Posted by DockRat View Post
    Good Mothers day present there Arthur.
    I think I know those rocks. ?
    DR
    So maybe we'll see you out there sometimes, lol

Quote Originally Posted by PONTOON View Post
    Arthur, there was no doubt in my mind when I heard the three of you were going into the zone to try and add points to the "Old Guys" tally that there were going to be points scored. It was just a matter of how many.

I'm glad to see you were all able to get out into the water. I knew you'd find time in that busy schedule of yours to hit the surf!

There may be some big points scored next weekend by a couple of "Old Veterans"
    The Youngsters are making a run for the trophy Terry... we need all the help that we can get, good luck out there if you head out my friend.
    Robert had an awesome session this morning, look for his report!

Quote Originally Posted by bachiboy View Post
    Arthur,
    That was quite a clinic you put on out there. Great job on the checkers and legal! When I saw that flattie flopping on the shore, I threw my hands in the air like I was cheering on a teammate's winning touchdown from downfield. I wish I wasn't on the sidelines most of the day with equipment problems...man, I was snake-bitten that day. Backlashitis, two lost LCs...but still a ton of fun. The way the day started with our quick hit on the pancakes and some flashes of bait, you had to assume someone...*cough* YOU *cough*...were going to get a legal. Congrats on the gift to your mom and sorry I couldn't make the return visit with you this morning. Sounds like you had some action even without the glory fish.

Hope we get to do it again sometime soon!
    Don

I think I did enough (&*%ing retying out there that day. I thought you were joking when you said you brought your bike. When we were walking back up the hill, I was thinkin..."oh man, Nate's gonna be hating life!"
    Hope you got all your gear issues resolved Don, so you can get back out there and get us some more points!
    Robert gave us a little breathing room this morning, but we have to keep fishing hard.

Quote Originally Posted by bloox8 View Post
    The halibut whisperer is at it again
    Nice job out there guys. I am glad that like hike was worth it. Last time the youngins sucked it up and decided take on the hike, we were awards with a farmed fish and a sandy But at least we got a good work out lol

Nate, I think solo might be the way to go but how can you pass on fishing with your brothers??? Dilemmas dilemmas..

Great report commander. All these post hinting the change in conditions is really making me itchy...
    Cant wait until I could scratch it!

Thien
    You guys did great this past weekend Thien, but you're gonna need a lot more points to catch the Old Fogies after Robert's incredible session this morning.

Quote Originally Posted by Badbeat View Post
    I knew team youngins were in trouble when they were already down in the points and Wingnut and Bones haven't even hit the surf yet.
    The rooks better get it in gear or this contest will be a blow out.
    Nice mother's day present Art. Good to see you at the poker tournament bro. Phuong still haven't stopped takling about his win. lol
    It won't be a blow out Binh... these Youngsters have a lot of fight in them. The final week is going to be fun!

Quote Originally Posted by blackwater View Post
    Sorry for the late reply Art, been busy lately. Yes, busy spending the money I won at the poker tournament!!!
    I took down Wingnut at the poker table.
    OK enough gloating, nice Halibut bro.
    Yeah, yeah... the sun does shine on a dog's a** once in awhile...
    We both know that the money from the tournament is nice, but the money from the cash game is nicer... and I won MORE than you did that night bro.
    Now get you butt out there and help get us some points, yeah right, lol
    Last edited by Wingnut; 05-22-2013 at 02:24 PM. Reason: Adding Replies...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123