Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DVL 5/8 A Shot of Gold

Default DVL 5/8 A Shot of Gold

Hit the water and headed for our first spot. Early birds get the pigs and today was no different. Second cast and BAM rod goes bendo big time, line peels and the fight is on (haha, who says green carp don't fight). I knew she was a pig the second she hit as she nearly yanked my rod out of my hand. Got her to the boat and hung her from the scale, a 6 1/2lb fatty;

Got bit a couple more times on this spot but they weren't swallowing, although Bill my fishing partner stuck a 4 lber on a t-rig. So on down the bank we go. And this is where my day exploded. I knew that any day now the blade bite would blow wide open and today it did just that, at least for me. Didn't matter where on the lake we were I had fish hammering my blade with aggression and aplomb. All was going great until the 15th fish when this happened;

Notice the frayed skirt as well as the the busted wire? This blade was brand new until I tied it on this morning. The fish were just crushing this thing. Oh well, what's another 8 bucks eh? Pulled out the terminator blade and continued on sticking pigs all over the lake. As the end of the day neared I said to Bill let's finish the day on a spot that we do well at in the late afternoon. Arrived there and immediately stuck a couple more blade fish. When time was up and it was time to go, Bill began putting things away and I said one more cast and fired away -BAM- another one on. This was a particularly good fighter and when it was boated I saw why, gold scales and blood red eyes, a smallie indeed. I ended a great day on the Jewel with a shot of gold;

21 blade fish, one jig fish, and one t-rig fish for a total of 23 fish for me. Boat total was 26 fish for the day...

Hey you lied!!! You weren't using nymphs!!

Nice work and good looking bass. I'll be out there Saturday, taking a couple vacation days from work.

Very nice day. So exciting not to just finesse a worm. Great job, thanks for the report.

Very impressive start to the day and a very impressive fish count! Reading this report and seeing the kitty you recently posted has pretty much convined me and Trolly that we had better make the trek out to the Jewel.

Thanks for the report and looking forward to more.

It is just so much funner to get them on spinnerbaits. I feel like a tourni pro tossing the blade up close to shore and power retrieving it back. They cast great. Really awesome when a fish slams it. Nice break from the old dropshot, t-rig, senko fishing i am accustomed to.

Nice Pig HawgZy ! What a day ! Thank you for the report, I love the blade ! Beautiful Smally

right on man!!!! i smashed em too yesterday and today. bite is a blast right now. GREAT JOB!!!

Thanks guys. This is the bite I wait for all year. Finessing gets so monotonous. I rarely ever throw a drop shot anymore and would rather catch less fish but catch larger units using other techniques like the jig and t-rig. That is until the reaction bite goes off, then it's game on for anything that will hit the bait, including cats, slabs, smallies, stripey, whatever. It's all fun.

Pontoon, you and Trolly need to hit it quick. The cat bite is on now. Look at Matt's thread, he's sticking some serious Kitties.

Matt, when I got back to the boat after parking the truck, Bill told me you got hit almost instantly. When he said that, my gut told me that it's on. Boy was it. If I didn't stick one, I got bumped, sometimes several times during the retrieve. I live for days like this man.

Haha, and Ben, that's "Grape Nymph"...

HawgZWylde,

I saw the post last night and well........I made a call to Trolly and spent the day getting the boat ready to head out to the Jewel tomorrow.

Thanks for your posts and look forward to more.

Quote Originally Posted by PONTOON View Post
    HawgZWylde,

I saw the post last night and well........I made a call to Trolly and spent the day getting the boat ready to head out to the Jewel tomorrow.

Thanks for your posts and look forward to more.

Your welcome and good luck to you guys...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast