Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Colonel Croaker returns!

Nuttin rong wit crokers...
    Jus axs the recruits, thay wood luv to git a 17" yfc...
    Sorry, I got a little ghetto there, from the old days...
    Thanks for getting us some points Don.
    Looks like this is going to be a very weekend for hitting the surf, to bad I can't go...
    SO, I will fish tomorrow and maybe tomorrow night...
    Take It Easy,
    Robert
    <><

Nice YFC's! I have yet to catch one on an LC
    Last edited by TheNotoriousSkunk; 05-08-2013 at 06:15 PM.

Thumbs up

Monster YFC's Don... any over 16" is a big fish.
    We are crushing the Rookies & Young Guns and some of us haven't even hit the surf yet.
    With Sid's legal Hali yesterday, the Veterans now have 29 points and the Rookies got ZIP!
    But rumor has it that the Whippersnappers are planning an all out blitz in the next few days including some night missions.
    The S.W.A.T. Predator Drones will be keeping a close eye on the Youngsters this week.
    Keep up the great job Team Old Fogy Stogies!

Don

You are on a roll brother! thanks for hitting the surf for us "old guys" nice size YFC's
    Conrats
    Ramiro.

Geez, this competition has got the old stogies really going. You guys are fishing hard and actually catching fish! Nice action on the croakers Don. Looks like you are on a streak and tallying up the points for the "Geezers". Thanks for the report and pictures.

-Peter

Quote Originally Posted by titos334 View Post
    Nice report! Way to get into the YFC action, must be a good sign of things to come if they're getting back into the surf. Too bad about those dolphins ruining all the fun once it gets good! How do you like that Casting Trifecta? I have a 9' 6-12lb Spinning Trifecta that I adore, great rod.
    Thanks man. That rod feels REALLY nice. The tip is more sensitive but there's just a bit more backbone than my Clarus, and it's lighter. Feeling pretty good at this point...now I just need to get a legal flattie on it.

Quote Originally Posted by jaggerbub View Post
    I nailed a bunch last year during the grunion run at night on the lc. Good times... Might be time to head out again.
    I gotta imagine that there was some bait around for them to be stacked up the way they were and at that size. First time this year I've seen them like that...good sign that things are warming up nicely. Time to go get some...

Quote Originally Posted by Which Way Out View Post
    Good work Don..
    points points points
    WWO
    Thanks Bill! We're coming out swingin'!

Quote Originally Posted by skunked4life View Post
    Great session Don! Slowly but surely, you are recovering from your dead streak....and with style! Ain't nothing wrong with yellow (croaker) fever!
    If you are Colonel Croaker, and Arthus is the Commander, and Bones is Lieutenant, than maybe I can be Private Perch or Sergeant Shovelnose...I know now what fish I have to target to be officially inducted. Look out BSPs and SNGFs...here I come!
    Ken
    P.S. Let's fish this weekend. I will bring Daniel and Peter for defense.
    Bringin those guys is dirty pool! In all honesty, I bet you they felt like *&^* when those things happened. As far as the rankings, I told Nate that if he were with me, he'd be dubbed Lt. Col. Croaker, cuz I woulda made him submit that fish...no matter how bad he wanted to throw it back! Woulda served him right for hangin out with the likes of me. Things are rolling along nicely right now for me...hope it keeps going. Looking forward to that joint session soon!

Quote Originally Posted by madbass View Post
    nice running into you on saturday morning.
    great report and pictures. those croakers are big, must be fun to catch them all day long.
    water looks beautiful.
    thanks,
    alex.
    Hey Alex,
    Great meeting you out there! Wish we coulda got into those things that day we met. Beats the shovelnose we ended up with...I saw you bring in that one right after I had beached one...flatfish of the wrong kind. Keep it up man. You'll get that glory fish real soon!

Quote Originally Posted by koifish View Post
    nice size croakers Don...wtg. I have not hit surf for a long time...LOL..
    Man, I woulda sworm I'd be hearing reports from you once the flatties started showin. Gotta get back out there Mr. C! They're waiting for you. Thanks for reading!

Quote Originally Posted by PONTOON View Post
    Nice work out there Don!
    You've racked up a good number of points for the "Older Set" the past few days and I'm pretty sure you'll have a bunch more at the pace you're going!
    Thanks Terry! You know, I was just thinking that I was gonna be hearing about you and/or John adding some points to our total and sure enough, John gets some. YOUR TURN! Go get 'em brotha! Them fish are just waitin for you.

Quote Originally Posted by dlmoo312 View Post
    Congrats Don
    Looks like you're really racking in those points early for the Old Fogies Way to grind it out!
    -Daniel
    Thanks Daniel! Ummm, it's getting kinda late...where's that text I've been expecting with the success report from the night mission? Hope you guys are just being polite to us "old guys" cuz we need our sleep.

Quote Originally Posted by Nipple Twister View Post
    YEAHHHHHHHHHH Budda!!!!! nice job.....excellent write up, fun read....thx for sharing buddy
    HEY HEY sir! Thanks for the support man! And BIG congrats on your PB! Way to go out there. Guess we picked a good time to step it up a bit...for the greater good, eh?

Quote Originally Posted by murrieta angler View Post
    Nuttin rong wit crokers...
    Jus axs the recruits, thay wood luv to git a 17" yfc...
    Sorry, I got a little ghetto there, from the old days...
    Thanks for getting us some points Don.
    Looks like this is going to be a very weekend for hitting the surf, to bad I can't go...
    SO, I will fish tomorrow and maybe tomorrow night...
    Take It Easy,
    Robert
    <><
    Yea, I think they'd settle for any points right about now. Speaking of which, I was wondering if you were out there with them...right about now. Not that I would ever condone sabotage, but turn about IS fair play, right? Hope you guys got into some fish!

Quote Originally Posted by TheNotoriousSkunk View Post
    Nice YFC's! I have yet to catch one on an LC
    Thanks TNS. The take is different than the flatties I've caught...actually more violent and less like you've snagged kelp. These bigger models were actually pulling some drag to which was fun. They're out there, time to go get you some! Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Wingnut View Post
    Monster YFC's Don... any over 16" is a big fish.
    We are crushing the Rookies & Young Guns and some of us haven't even hit the surf yet.
    With Sid's legal Hali yesterday, the Veterans now have 29 points and the Rookies got ZIP!
    But rumor has it that the Whippersnappers are planning an all out blitz in the next few days including some night missions.
    The S.W.A.T. Predator Drones will be keeping a close eye on the Youngsters this week.
    Keep up the great job Team Old Fogy Stogies!
    Those YFC were a nice surprise. That area is looking REAL fishy right now. I'm kinda wondering if the grunion run will spark it for the flatties...then again, I'm REAL interested in another game of checkers!

Quote Originally Posted by saltman View Post
    Don
    You are on a roll brother! thanks for hitting the surf for us "old guys" nice size YFC's
    Conrats
    Ramiro.
    Thanks Ramiro! Hope we can keep it going!

Quote Originally Posted by ptn View Post
    Geez, this competition has got the old stogies really going. You guys are fishing hard and actually catching fish! Nice action on the croakers Don. Looks like you are on a streak and tallying up the points for the "Geezers". Thanks for the report and pictures.
    -Peter
    Thanks Peter! I hope my luck keeps going, but I think Mother's Day may put a damper on some of the old-guys' fishing time this weekend. I know it's gonna take a bite outta mine!

That's what SHE said!!

Nate

Dude....You are killing it out there bro. Those Crows sure can pull hard for their size. Great job out there brotha representing the OLD FOLKS!
    I'm hopefully going to catch something noteworthy this weekend. You guys are killing me!

That's a pretty good record, 5 croaks in a session, good job out there. Must have been fun.
    Looks like your finger is good to go now. hahah. See you some time on the beach again.

Albert (jinbow)

I really need to start measuring the croakers and BSP's I catch. Every point counts! Nice Croaks!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast