Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: S.W.A.T. 1 Beach and 1 Harbor..4/4/13

Nice fish to bad about the legal though

I know legal halibut aren't particularly easy to come by in the surf, especially in those conditions, and I thank you for being such a nice guy about it, Robert. After it happened and we continued fishing, I couldn't stop replaying what had just happened over and over in my head.. I was so focus on grabbing the hali, I just don't know what I was thinking! In hindsight it was one of the dumbest errors I could make on my part and again I apologize
    Besides the incident... It was awesome fishing with you, Robert. I had a great time chatting it up and taking in all the cool stories and experiences you had to share I may have screwed up on first impressions but I hope we get to fish again so I can redeem myself.. I've learned my lesson and I know I won't be making that mistake again! After spending a whole day fishing with you I can see that you truly are a fishing machine! I still have have a lot to learn
    Next time I go spottie fishing in the bay i'll be sure to take full advantage of my waders. Impressive bass count! and congrats on the 15incher I think that may be a "qualifier" fish

-Daniel

Hi ya murrieta angler,

You had a very good day Ol' Guy!
    I wish that you could have beached this legal ...... oh well brotha .... there will be many more legals to come.
    Congrat's on the SBB!

Thanx for the fish report with pic's Robert!

SP Dan >"))><

Sorry to hear about your fish Robert!
    Daniel called me and told me what happen..... WHAT A NOOB... jk jk Daniel.
    I could tell by the tone of his voice that he was pretty upset with himself. I think he started the conversation with something like, "I messed up really really bad....."

At least you managed to get a few nice spotties from the bay though. Catching bass is always fun. I am still a novice when it comes to fishing those docks. You have to teach me how to fish them one day

Thanks for the report!

Thien

Quote Originally Posted by bloox8 View Post
    I could tell by the tone of his voice that he was pretty upset with himself. I think he started the conversation with something like, "I messed up really really bad....."

At least you managed to get a few nice spotties from the bay though. Catching bass is always fun. I am still a novice when it comes to fishing those docks. You have to teach me how to fish them one day

Thanks for the report!

Thien
    Thien, you better go out and buy a net so that you don't contribute to the noob streak...sorry Daniel, last jab...for now.

Beautiful report, Robert.. You are indeed a cut above even other patient fisherman..Even though Daniel is a good guy, showing that kind of grace is a teachable moment for us all. Think I need bracelet says, 'What would Robert do??'... but then that's what makes you such a well respected SWAT 'elder'
    And, just to balance things out ..imagine if Daniel been some stranger..hmmm
    ....STEP ASIDE SHALLOW WATER..LET THE DEEP SEA ROLL!!
    Last edited by sidified; 05-06-2013 at 01:55 AM.

Robert! That was an amazing outing considering the conditions. Thank you for everything that day! Your advice to me is one that I think is worth sharing: "just keep casting...make as many casts as you can..."

I was watching you cast into that spot and thought to myself, there ain't nuthin there...I should have stayed but I went off into Daniel's direction and what do I see next? And to add some detail to the lost fish, the tail had the span of my hand fanned out...was definitely 26 or more!

Also, are you kidding me with those spotties? Seriously? For anyone out there reading, this is what went down...

Daniel: "I have never had luck out here for spotties."
    Robert: "We will just work the are and leap frog over each other...make two or three casts and move on...like this...FISH ON!"
    Me: "What the??? Do it again, do it again."
    Robert: "Like this...FISH ON!"
    Me and Daniel:

Lastly, thanks for sharing and giving us so many words of wisdom. I learned so much about how to handle ups and downs in life and it was refreshing to hear your come-back stories. Seriously, that was worth more to me than the fish count that day.

Ken

P.S. I think that the others are right...maybe the rookies (Daniel and Peter) are trying to play dirty.

Nice spotties Robert. Too bad about the "fish blocking" but thanks for taking it easy on us rookies. Time for the youngin's to put up some points and try to even up the score. Thanks for the pictures and stories.

I think your truck liked its new style...

-Peter

Smile

Racking up the points for Team Veterans! Nice Spotties Roberto.

Daniel... the ol' I din't hear or see you and "accidentally" stepped on your line with a fish on it trick...

I have a special Jedi mind trick just for you Rookie, the next time we meet.

Quote Originally Posted by jerryG View Post
    Nice report guys. Roberto I wish we could have been out there looking for seabasstion this weekend but Mrs G and the little Gs had other plans for me this weekend. We will definitely get out there real soon Though. Sorry to hear about your loss.. You might say you lost that fish as the result of a rookie mistake...LOL.. Oh well there will be many more to come my friend.

JerryG
    Heck Jerry,
    There will always be time for fishing, hang out with the kids and enjoy the time...
    Talk To You Soon,
    Robert
    <><

Quote Originally Posted by PONTOON View Post
    Robert,Daniel was lucky you were a good sport about it because doesn't "Fish Blocking" get you time in the penalty box?

Sounds like you guys had a great time today and I'll bet there were some Old Guy jabs being thrown all day by the youngsters. I haven't fished any of the harbors yet but I just might have to put it on my bucket list........But man, that's a long drive from my house.

Keep up the good work robert and hopefully you can keep the boys in line.
    Hey Terry,
    Only a couple of "Old Guy Jokes".
    The laughter stopped after I pulled in the first fish...
    When are we going to get some time in the surf?
    Gotta lay off them kitties once in a while...
    Take care Brotha,
    Robert
    <><

Quote Originally Posted by onekrzyboi View Post
    Awesome report Robert. Nice to see that the spotties were treating you well in NPH
    Seeing this report makes me want to get at those SBB now. Looks like it was a ton of fun. I'll have to try wading out there one day. The last couple of times I've been there, my Big Hammers just kept getting caught in clusters of mussels and who knows what else was in those clusters.
    Don't worry about that flatty getting away. I'm sure there will be plenty more to come knockin'

-Danny
    Danny,
    The idea is not to throw it at the pylons...
    Throw as close as you can, "NEXT' to them and make a slow retrieve...
    C-Ya Soon Danny,
    Robert
    <><

Quote Originally Posted by bachiboy View Post
    OUCH!!!!! Man that's painful to hear, but it will come around. We've take a couple of lumps this year but its all good. That probably just means you'll get two of those 28's next go around. Nice job job on the spots! Looks like you guys put in some time and miles yesterday. Glad you were able to get on some fish.

Lookin forward to hearing more reports from the south soon!
    Don
    Shoot Don,
    I didn't even know I got us some points with that 15" SBB.
    I thought it had to be 16"...
    Us OFSG"s are putting the smack down on the young tikes..
    See you soon Bro,
    Robert
    <><

Quote Originally Posted by Newfishsmell View Post
    I don't know Robert, sounds like those young guys are playing dirty ... lol

Thanks for the report, sounds like everyone had a great time.
    Great looking bay bass.
    It was a productful day Chuck, but I'd take that YT over the surf fish, any day...
    Robert
    <><

Quote Originally Posted by trail blazer View Post
    You SWAT guys rule the salty shores for sure,WTG
    We don't rule it Trail...
    We just put our time in.
    I bet you caught way more fresh water fish than me...
    Thanks for looking,
    Robert
    <><

Quote Originally Posted by Which Way Out View Post
    Hey Robert looks like your gonna need to find John, aka Klocked to make a path. I don't think those youngins will get in his way. BTW where has he been anyway?
    Get back out there as soon as you can, were gonna need the points.

WWO
    I don't know Bill,
    The kids have slacked off, must be a new video game out or something...
    Git out there!
    Mikey says there's some salmon up there to be caught...
    Have Fun Bro,
    Robert
    <><

Quote Originally Posted by HESBROS View Post
    Nice report Robert! Glad to see you still know how to catch the SBB. I am hooked again and camt wait to get back down there. Was hoping for a trip Monday but that might get rained out! Gimme a shout so we can hook up!
    Eddie
    Thanks for the fishin invite Eddie.
    Hopefully things will work out this coming Monday.
    I'll keep an ear out for WSB spottings...
    Robert
    <><

Quote Originally Posted by FishinLBC View Post
    Nice fish to bad about the legal though
    IT HAPPENS!!
    Robert
    <><

Quote Originally Posted by dlmoo312 View Post
    I know legal halibut aren't particularly easy to come by in the surf, especially in those conditions, and I thank you for being such a nice guy about it, Robert. After it happened and we continued fishing, I couldn't stop replaying what had just happened over and over in my head.. I was so focus on grabbing the hali, I just don't know what I was thinking! In hindsight it was one of the dumbest errors I could make on my part and again I apologize
    Besides the incident... It was awesome fishing with you, Robert. I had a great time chatting it up and taking in all the cool stories and experiences you had to share I may have screwed up on first impressions but I hope we get to fish again so I can redeem myself.. I've learned my lesson and I know I won't be making that mistake again! After spending a whole day fishing with you I can see that you truly are a fishing machine! I still have have a lot to learn
    Next time I go spottie fishing in the bay i'll be sure to take full advantage of my waders. Impressive bass count! and congrats on the 15incher I think that may be a "qualifier" fish

-Daniel
    It was fun fishing with you Daniel, you and Ken crack me up...
    We will go out again and all 3 of us will get on some legals...
    See you around,
    Robert
    <><

Quote Originally Posted by SP Dan View Post
    Hi ya murrieta angler,

You had a very good day Ol' Guy!
    I wish that you could have beached this legal ...... oh well brotha .... there will be many more legals to come.
    Congrat's on the SBB!

Thanx for the fish report with pic's Robert!

SP Dan >"))><
    Howdy Dan,
    When you gonna head down this way?
    Things are looking promising down here.
    I am going to do an, "Exploratory Mission" tomorrow, solo.
    Than I might hit the dark with Peter... shhhhhhh
    How does that go, "if you and I go camping...."
    Just kidding, I look forward to hitting the salt with you Dan.
    We need to get some WSB!!
    Robert
    <><

Quote Originally Posted by bloox8 View Post

Thanks for the report!

Thien
    I could show you, than I would have to kill you!!!
    Members Only Bud!!! j/k
    Any time you want thien.
    I like to go when there is a low tide afternoon and a decent current...
    Take Care,
    Robert
    <><

Quote Originally Posted by skunked4life View Post
    Thien, you better go out and buy a net so that you don't contribute to the noob streak...sorry Daniel, last jab...for now.
    EASY KEN!!!
    At least he caught a flatty that day...
    Robert
    <><

Quote Originally Posted by sidified View Post
    Beautiful report, Robert.. You are indeed a cut above even other patient fisherman..Even though Daniel is a good guy, showing that kind of grace is a teachable moment for us all. Think I need bracelet says, 'What would Robert do??'... but then that's what makes you such a well respected SWAT 'elder'
    And, just to balance things out ..imagine if Daniel been some stranger..hmmm
    ....STEP ASIDE SHALLOW WATER..LET THE DEEP SEA ROLL!!

Whoa Whoa, Sir Sid Page!!!
    I'm no where near that status...
    But it does sound good though...
    Take Care and I'll C You Soon Brotha,
    Robert
    <><

Quote Originally Posted by skunked4life View Post
    Robert! That was an amazing outing considering the conditions. Thank you for everything that day! Your advice to me is one that I think is worth sharing: "just keep casting...make as many casts as you can..."

I was watching you cast into that spot and thought to myself, there ain't nuthin there...I should have stayed but I went off into Daniel's direction and what do I see next? And to add some detail to the lost fish, the tail had the span of my hand fanned out...was definitely 26 or more!

Also, are you kidding me with those spotties? Seriously? For anyone out there reading, this is what went down...

Daniel: "I have never had luck out here for spotties."
    Robert: "We will just work the are and leap frog over each other...make two or three casts and move on...like this...FISH ON!"
    Me: "What the??? Do it again, do it again."
    Robert: "Like this...FISH ON!"
    Me and Daniel:

Lastly, thanks for sharing and giving us so many words of wisdom. I learned so much about how to handle ups and downs in life and it was refreshing to hear your come-back stories. Seriously, that was worth more to me than the fish count that day.

Ken

P.S. I think that the others are right...maybe the rookies (Daniel and Peter) are trying to play dirty.
    Hey Ken,
    All you need to do, is study the water a little better.
    There was a small trench right there, and no matter , how small, it only has to hold 1 halibut...
    PLUS, a little luck never hurts...
    Take care,
    Robert
    <><

Quote Originally Posted by ptn View Post
    Nice spotties Robert. Too bad about the "fish blocking" but thanks for taking it easy on us rookies. Time for the youngin's to put up some points and try to even up the score. Thanks for the pictures and stories.

I think your truck liked its new style...

-Peter
    Neener neener?!?
    Don't you mean, weener weener...
    Was that your calling card...
    You know, I used to have jokes, remind me to share a story with you about the morgue!
    Take It Easy Peter.

Robert
    <><

Quote Originally Posted by Wingnut View Post
    Racking up the points for Team Veterans! Nice Spotties Roberto.

Daniel... the ol' I din't hear or see you and "accidentally" stepped on your line with a fish on it trick...

I have a special Jedi mind trick just for you Rookie, the next time we meet.
    I ALWAYS FALL FOR THAT TRICK!!!
    What r ya gonna do?!?
    There's always next time to pull out a meal, provided by our Good Lord, out there with my name on it...
    This weekend is looking good Bro!
    I am gonna try my best to get out, but it's Mommas Day Weekend!
    I know I'm gonna eat good!!!
    You have a good one, if I don't see you.
    Take Care,
    Robert
    <><

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast