Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 3 generations of Striper killers at Pyramid. Guesz what happens?

Default 3 generations of Striper killers at Pyramid. Guesz what happens?

After 2012 was spent rebuilding my 68 StarCraft with my dad and boys. It was time for us all to get out and abuse it!

Weather looked great, bait was iffy, we knew lake lice was gonna be an issue with Cinco due mayo weekend...

Well arrived to a long line and didn't get in water till after 7..
    Met DMS and LULu in line.. nice people..

Pulled up to the gate and was nice to see and talk to Tammy and Mark again. Gave Tammy a starbucks and promised any kitties hit the deck were hers.. great people.

Trolled the marina for nothin.. baited down and was quick to get hit. Getting the fish to take it was another matter.

I had Walmart dines, year old Marina del rey dines, bobs bait bucket in Bakersfield dines, and finally some Tammy had tucked way back in the freezer. Not real great shape. But was best of the four.

Picked off 6 in 4 hours.. met bassfan. Nice guy..

Moved over and pointed a bed fish out to the boys.. just as they were tieing on a white tube for their first bed fish the wind started and gave the GREEN CARP cover.. Was like a message from the Green Carp gods?

Pointed out Bob's Bald Eagle friend in yellow bar and was the first time my dad, and the boys ever saw one. Was kinda cool.

We pulled out cause of anchoring/wind issues and bite died like 2 hrs ago.

Saw Khan, sure do miss that guy around here.. They hadn't had a bite, DMS??? , Bassfan was in dinksville and was strugglin to hook one..

Times look bleak, headed across the lake in the wind and spray, dad loses hat and boys thought was funny, Dad didnt'!

Hit dam area, saw Jim and his buddies from Bakersfield.. They had a couple, nothing special.

Trolled around Island Serano and The super tuper top secret bako boy point for nutin.

Back to the bait spot to see if the afternoon bite would pick up. It didn't.. decided to troll channel for a afternoon bite. NUTHING

Pops points out a special spot and asks if I have fished it. Hmm? no we always drive by.. Lets go!

Ended up with the 4 biggest and makes me wonder if? for a morning bite.. next time.

We landed 8 and lost 2. Somewhere we lost a fish. Dunno what happened?

I had a flippin blast and I didn't even get a bite, was bait biotch and hook tie'er all day.. I gotta get them on a mega slay soon.

Lake lice sucked... bait sucked.... wind absolutely sucked.... bite seemed slow on top of those issues. Wish we would of had the 25-30 landed like MikesOcean did yest. but it just didn't pan out

Will say this, watching my two boys staring at the bikini's getting their jet ski's on the trailer made my day.. Jaws dropped, eyes transfixed..

Heres my Baby 6 year old trying his best

Heres the 7, though I know it was 8.. hope my boat doesn't start stinkin

heres the 3 gens.. Love the 6 year olds enthusiam here

Thanks for reading. Had a blast with my pops and kids, enjoying the spoils of our hard work together. Was also a blast meeting you new guys and great to see the old faces
    Last edited by cutbait; 05-04-2013 at 07:40 PM.

Great to jump over and see what everyone else has been doing. Fun to watch the video Cory and Bob put together, "I am Cutbait"

Take care Buddy and have fun

WWO
    Last edited by Which Way Out; 05-05-2013 at 08:45 AM.

I love it. No better way to spend the day than right there. Next time there will b 50 dead stripers.

A day on the water with your family is priceless, the stripers are just a bonus!!! Thank you for sharing your adventure with all of us..............Good times.....................................Dave

CUTBAIT,,,,,,,NICEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!BAKO BOYs got STYLE

Mike that is a great pic with your family! You need to enlarge it and send it as a gift to your pops for Father's Day.

Looks like little jack wants to hold all this fish.

I'd say you did great considering you didn't have fresh bait and you spent quality time with your family. You will be better prepared next time with your family and have an even better pic.

Great job!!!

Thanks guys..

Note to chummers... everyone of those fat fish were loaded with chum.

Dines, chovies and liver.

Quit feeding the fish bait with no hooks!..

I means LOADED with chum

mike,,,,,,,,,,,,,we need to get jack and Jacob out there togather

great, great thread.... made me smile seeing you all together fishing it up.. group photo is the best.

way to spend the day cutbait,,,,,,,,,,yep less chum = more hook ups,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,T/O,,,,,,,,,,,,,,isabella here i come,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast