Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The “Old Guys” Draw First Blood

Don, First and Foremost...........Congratulations on your first legal and (very important to us "Old Guys" drawing first blood!

When I got the intel from the commander it brought a big smile to me because it was good knowing you were out there on business and got the job done.

Congratulations again!

Congrats on the first legal of the year Don!
    I see that there has been a lot of SWAT attacks recently... Seems like the battle is going to heat up real soon
    Good luck out there and hopefully I'll see you on the field.

Thien

Congrats out there Don! Wish I could have joined you guys on Sunday, but I heard a voice calling me to His house and I couldn't say no.

Now, I don't know who caught their's first but I would think that Dan's SNGF would also qualify, right Arthur? Just trying to help you old farts out. Remember guys, you can take the lead with a single fish right out of the gates, but to keep it is a whole 'nother story. I wouldn't worry too much considering me and Thien's luck lately, Daniel and Peter's fishblocking fouls, and the fact that Arthur let us have a free weekend pass. Let's get it on this coming weekend guys!

Don

Sorry about this late reply just been busy these day, but Right on brother glad to have you on the old guys list and to draw frist blood!
    Congrats

Ramiro

Nice job Don, chalk one up for the old(er) guys.
    All I hear are crickets from the other side, hehe

Quote Originally Posted by ptn View Post
    Congrats on your first legal of the year Don. 1 for the "Old Geezers" You deserved it and it finally paid off with all the hard work you been putting on the sand. Arthur let me know right away that you guys drew first blood. Let's see if we can answer back. Thanks for the report!

-Peter
    Thanks Peter! Hopefully you guys are finding some fish out there tonight. Taking you guys a little longer to volley back than I thought it would.

Quote Originally Posted by FishinLBC View Post
    Way to pull one out of the salad, I'm hoping tomorrow will have some better conditions in my area . This tourney is going to be a good one to watch. :-)
    Thanks FLBC! Yea, that was some messy stuff out there. Enjoy the fireworks...it's gonna start blowing up this weekend I'm sure.

Quote Originally Posted by DockRat View Post
    Good job in the salad bowl.
    I hit S Redondo friday 6pm till sunset.
    Grass and kelp almost every cast for a skunk.
    DR
    Thanks DR! Yep, pretty much what I was dealing with that day. Seems like it had cleared up a bit even with the latest weather that blew through.

Quote Originally Posted by Which Way Out View Post
    Good going Don. 1st Blood!!!!!! Lord knows I won't be much help to the Team. I bet you guys will continue to do well.
    The kids have Q3fishboy, aka Roy on their team, and I'll tell ya he's on a mission. The last two times he and I have hit the water he has pulled in 2 shorts (20") to my zero. Once the water gets better here he's going to be posting some good numbers.
    We need to get a big lead as fast as we can. I'll help the best I can..
    WWO
    Thanks Bill! Going into this, I was pretty sure that I was gonna be the weak link on the team...guess every dog gets a bone at some point in time. You'll get 'em soon enough I'm sure! Roys just out there weeding out the smallies for you. GO GET 'EM bud!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by murrieta angler View Post
    Sweet job Don..
    We are definately going to need a head start, since they are fighting dirty...
    I tried my best today, but it just wasn't meant to be.
    Congrats on your 1st legal flatty of the year, took long enough...
    Keep up the good work brotha,
    Robert
    <><
    Thanks Robert! Damned shame what them rooks did to ya. Hope your out there tonight getting some payback...errr, on the fish that is.

Quote Originally Posted by jerryG View Post
    Right on Don... Good job on your first legal of the year and first fish of the tournament. Well done..Go Team OFS (Old Fogy Stogie).
    JerryG
    Thanks Jerry! DUDE...what's with us and them *&^(ing hooks! Us "old guys" getting sloppy or what? I can still feel those stingers in a couple of my fingers so I'm pretty sure I tapped the bone. Guess we gotta take some revenge out there on some fish. Go get 'em man!

Quote Originally Posted by Newfishsmell View Post
    Congratulations on the legal Don, and drawing first blood.
    And since I'm in the over 40 club myself, go team - Old Fogy Stogies ... lol
    Thanks NFS! Man feels good to finally strike gold and at the right time. Good to hear we have a cheering squad too!

Quote Originally Posted by SP Dan View Post
    Hi ya bachiboy
    Congratulations on beaching your latest legal Hali Don!,
    I'm so happy that we are on the same team Sir!
    Thanx for the "first blood" of May 2013 fish report with pic's!
    SP Dan <"))><
    Dan the Man! Wish you coulda scored the next day. Man did those conditions look sweet or what? I coulda sworn we were gonna smoke em that day. Well, you're day is coming...REAL SOON! I can feel it!

Quote Originally Posted by dlmoo312 View Post
    Congratulations Don on beaching your first legal of the year! and drawing first blood for Team Old Fogies!
    I'm excited to see how this month pans out. Thanks for the report!
    -Daniel
    Thanks Daniel! This is gonna be fun. I'm surprised that the last weekend didn't put you guys on the board, but I'm interested in hearing the outcome tonight. Will the lack of moon make a difference? We'll see...

Quote Originally Posted by PONTOON View Post
    Don, First and Foremost...........Congratulations on your first legal and (very important to us "Old Guys" drawing first blood!
    When I got the intel from the commander it brought a big smile to me because it was good knowing you were out there on business and got the job done.
    Congratulations again!
    Thanks Terry! You know, one can learn from another man's misfortune. Well, if you didn't share that story about losing that one legal in the surge, I might not have taken that fish to higher ground, which woulda cost us all...so, THANK YOU sir! You were a big inspiration to me hitting the surf for flatties with your epic journey. Keep it going!

Quote Originally Posted by bloox8 View Post
    Congrats on the first legal of the year Don!
    I see that there has been a lot of SWAT attacks recently... Seems like the battle is going to heat up real soon
    Good luck out there and hopefully I'll see you on the field.
    Thien
    Thanks Thien! You know, this is a competition and all, but I'm still routing for you to go deck that induction fish. Hope to hear about it in the next couple of days!

Quote Originally Posted by skunked4life View Post
    Congrats out there Don! Wish I could have joined you guys on Sunday, but I heard a voice calling me to His house and I couldn't say no.
    Now, I don't know who caught their's first but I would think that Dan's SNGF would also qualify, right Arthur? Just trying to help you old farts out. Remember guys, you can take the lead with a single fish right out of the gates, but to keep it is a whole 'nother story. I wouldn't worry too much considering me and Thien's luck lately, Daniel and Peter's fishblocking fouls, and the fact that Arthur let us have a free weekend pass. Let's get it on this coming weekend guys!
    Thanks Ken! Well, it's definitely game on. Not sure if you're burnin the midnight oil with the boyz but I have a funny feeling it might not go the same as last go around (cuz of the moon phase). I could be wrong, and if I am, I hope you go nail that big butt for your induction! Good luck out there.

Quote Originally Posted by saltman View Post
    Don
    Sorry about this late reply just been busy these day, but Right on brother glad to have you on the old guys list and to draw frist blood!
    Congrats
    Ramiro
    No worries, not like these replies I'm posting are a quick turnaround. Hope you get out there to pad our lead bro! Thanks for readin...

Quote Originally Posted by blackwater View Post
    Nice job Don, chalk one up for the old(er) guys.
    All I hear are crickets from the other side, hehe
    That's cold...true...but cold! Thanks Phuong! Man, we need to get you back out there. God knows, Mother's Day weekend isn't the best to make a comeback on, but the weather and fishing is turning around, so I think it's getting close to that time to come out of this "semi-retirement" that you've gotten yourself into. We need all the help we can get with these Youngin's!

Great job out there Don....You were definitely a man on a mission. I'm STILL trying to stick my first legal of the year. Haven't had much opportunity but OLd Bonzie will come from behind. At least I hope so.....LOL

Keep up the awesome work out there guys!

Quote Originally Posted by bones View Post
    Great job out there Don....You were definitely a man on a mission. I'm STILL trying to stick my first legal of the year. Haven't had much opportunity but OLd Bonzie will come from behind. At least I hope so.....LOL

Keep up the awesome work out there guys!
    I have no doubt that the scoreboard will be littered soon with your contributions! Looking forward to hearing about the adventures soon!

Nice hali hunting gents

The oldies but goodies are racking up the points. Wake up team juvies!
    Nice fish Bachiboy.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12