Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Samo 5/3

Default Samo 5/3

Got there at 7, fished until around 11:30. It was really hot outside, the sun shining brightly, but the swells were pretty dang big. Met a few other fisherman that were more successful on the mussels. As for me, I Started off using a Sebile 110 for nada. Sand Crab beds were scarce ,but if you found them they were packed. Got only one solid bite on the sand crab ,but was to impatient to let him eat the SC, I just set the hook. At least my brother avoided the skunk by a foul hooked a shovel nose for a fun fight. Oh and there was a ton of weeds, even though the water looked fairly clean it was a salad fest. Grabbed some burgers at the Palisades Garden Cafe and called it a day.
    :)

Hi ya fish4life,

Conditions aren't perfect yet but they are definitely improving! Last night my skunk buster was a 36" Leo!
    Water temp at two different AO's this past weekend: 63 at one and 64-65 degrees at the other, the water is starting to clear up and it seems as though some trenches could possibly be a result of this current tidal surge. I'll have to pay close attention to a particular AO.

Congratulations to your brother for beating the skunk with a Mr Wiggles! They put-up one good heck of a fight!

Thanx for the fish report!

SP Dan <"))><

Sorry about your skunk fish4life, but I'm sure it beats working! BTW, like your moniker. It holds true on many levels.

Congrats to u SP Dan on the leo shark. I've been off this website for too long so I've lost touch with some of the terminologies. What's an AO?

bflf

Default A.o.

A.O. means "Area of Operation'

Weed problems often occur when the temps suddenly rise

Perch piggies are more to the north side of SAMO, although

to my surprise I did catch some pigs one summer, south side of pier.,

along with a parking ticket too !!! To hard to find parking on

left side . Keep at it, crack always works, and KM,s for Croakers in that A.O.

Nice try out there. Keep it up...it'll all pay off!

Don

Thanks, SP Dan.

Thanks for the report fish4life. Swells were up down south too for me. You'll get them next time.

-Peter

Hey F4L,
    Weeds up and down the coast right now.
    Wait till the water hits 68, then there's going to be even more...
    Thanks for sharing,
    Robert
    <><

I was checking out the Sebile 110, how do you like it? I think it swings a little wider than the LC right?
    Nothing beat a good burger after fishing... except for a big bowl of Pho, lol