Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Lost Lake in Cajon Pass: Fishing Report and Video

1. Default Lost Lake in Cajon Pass: Fishing Report and Video

Recently, I fished Lost Lake in the Cajon Pass, near Highway 215 in California. This little sag lake, in a fault line, is very, very deep. It is spring fed and has crystal clear water.

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8kZwA-7iqEY

The fish were very wary and shoreline access was limited. However, between my friend and I, we managed to land 3 largemouth and one bluegill. It's a very odd lake that feels out of place amidst the dry scrub brush and nettles.

We also ran into some interesting characters, near the Cajon Creek. However, the lake itself was virtually empty, just a family picnicking and swimming.

Watch out for the copious amounts of poison oak and stinging nettles out here if you go!

Meh. Small fish. I'm not satisfied with what I'm seeing.

Ive been there many times never fished the place always wanted to dive it some one once told me it was very shallow under thirty feet deep I guess I'm going to have to load my gear up and check it out.

Lake is not super deep I've swam in there and was able to dive to the bottom and touch I have caught small bass there but don't like to fish it because I don't like to let people know whats in there everytime I've pulled anything out people talk crap about throwing it back in and want the fish was out there one time and seen guys in scuba gear spearing bass talked to them and they said besides the bass lots of turtles wish people would at least give the fish a chance to grow before milking it dry

went up there once when i was 12 with my uncle....caught 2 decent (proably 5-10lb) catfish and then fish and game showed up and thought we were smuggling drugs or something and pointed guns in our faces. Gave my uncle a nice fat ticket for not having an adventure pass.....i hear that place is like 300ft deep....kinda weird how you can see the freeway perfectly fine but from the freeway it is very hard to find the lake.

Very weird place. If you go don't go alone. MHO.

Quote Originally Posted by castle View Post
    Very weird place. If you go don't go alone. MHO.
    Don't you mean, "if you go alone". That place is the strangest thing I've read of in years.

Yup, funny place but ifin ya jonesing for something.......

Gave my uncle a nice fat ticket for not having an adventure pass.....
    Adventure Pass violation is only $5, the cost of the pass....

Quote Originally Posted by Nipple Twister View Post
    Yup, funny place but ifin ya jonesing for something.......

Adventure Pass violation is only $5, the cost of the pass....
    I believe there was more to the Adventure pass story if it's the same story that was documented before on this website, something about "mother nature" being involved.

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by seal View Post
    I believe there was more to the Adventure pass story if it's the same story that was documented before on this website, something about "mother nature" being involved.
    Hmmm could interpret that a few ways, but I think it was a little puff the magic dragon that got them in trouble too...

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast