Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: First Legal Halibut

Default First Legal Halibut

So my friend and i had a weird schedule today at school and it didn't start until 12:30 so we decided to go surf fishing. As soon as we got there i caught a small bsp so i cut it up and threw it out on one of my rods and then started fanning the area with my LC. After about 30-40 i feel like i get snagged on some seaweed and then it just started peeling drag and then i pulled it to shore and it ended out coming out to 22 inches, it was my first legal caught and my first halibut caught from the surf. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0705.jpg 
Views:	163 
Size:	73.8 KB 
ID:	40444 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0707.jpg 
Views:	206 
Size:	35.0 KB 
ID:	40445
    Last edited by Raw Jawz; 04-29-2013 at 06:02 PM.

NICE!! Second report I read recently with a first hali and it's a legal. Congrats and thanks for sharing. Keep up the good work and looking forward for more reports from you.

-Peter

Congratulations on the legal RJ! So, I take it no leopard on the fresh BSP? Oh well, can't have it all...most of the time. Good luck on future ventures and looking forward to more of your success stories.

Thanks for sharing!
    Don

Wow the surf fishing has been on fire lately. Congrats on your first legal surf Hali.

Congrats on the first legal!

Hi ya Raw Jawz,

First of all .... "CONGRATULATIONS" on beaching your first legal Halli and on an LC110 taboot!

I'll be looking forward to reading more legal reports from you .... I hope very soon!

Thanx for the fishing report with pic's!

SP Dan <"))><

Thumbs up

That's a good sign for your surf fishing future.
    Congrats on your first... you never forget your first.