Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Fly Fishing The Du t

this is the first time i tried it i was thinking of getting some different line like a sinking tip line . the line i have on now is weight forward line im going to go out on Thursday and try it again .
    Thanks Joseph

Quote Originally Posted by jdduckman View Post
    sumojo,
    Do you use a weighted fly line when fishing the duct? I have been contemplating throwing some clousers at the duct. I am really not set up for it, but as long as I didn't hook up a monter, I should be ok.
    What wt is your rod ? Do you ever fish Apollo park or Elizabeth Lake we were catching crappie with a woolly bugger as close as 5ft out lots of fun . Do you do fly tying ? I would say give it a try on fly fishing the duct see how it goes.
    Thanks Joseph

Joseph, Not sure what I have. It's been 15 years since I took it off the rack.
    I had a bamboo rod when I was in Maine and fished all the time there for Brookies, but never really got caught up in it when I came back to CA.

Joseph, Not sure what I have. It's been 15 years since I took it off the rack.
    I had a bamboo rod when I was in Maine and fished all the time there for Brookies, but never really got caught up in it when I came back to CA.
    Oh as far as bamboo I dont know there they are as far as weight probably around a 7 wt bamboo and I think that would make it like a 5 wt I do know they are different . I have two older ones im going to rebuild first time for me . Some of them have some value to them.

The one in the garage is a Diawa, much stronger than the bamboo, I will look at it tomorrow and find the rod wt.
    I don't tie flies, but have access to duck feathers in season if you would like me to save you some.

The one in the garage is a Diawa, much stronger than the bamboo, I will look at it tomorrow and find the rod wt.
    I don't tie flies, but have access to duck feathers in season if you would like me to save you some.
    That would be sweet if you want I could make you some flies or some Clouser pattern if you like

I think the bamboo are much stroger then the fiberglass both are great but arw way different on action

Here is a nice read on the different rods http://www.ebay.com/gds/choosing-a-f...3471597/g.html it gives a great prospective on the rods

Here is one for you jdduckman.

Quote Originally Posted by sumojo View Post
    nice fly! Love the colors. For stripers?
    Last edited by The Fishing Queen; 05-01-2013 at 03:48 PM. Reason: Add photo

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast