Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Santa Monica Bay Bassin' 4/20 w-pics

Default Santa Monica Bay Bassin' 4/20 w-pics

Did a solo trip aboard my 15ft aluminum "Red Drum" in the SMB for a couple hours on Saturday. It was great being back on the water after a three week hiatus. Even though I missed the solunar prime time period, I still ended up with nine quality Bass.

My first Sand Bass of the day.

First Calico Bass of the day.

My big Bass of the day was a 26 inch/8.2 pound Sand Bass that hit my twin-tail scampi like a freight train and fought like a ton of bricks.

And I found out those big Bass have a penchant for eating Rock Crabs.

Had another great time on the water and can't wait to do it again. HOOK-UP!!

Till next tide,

Quote Originally Posted by Red Drum View Post
    Did a solo trip aboard my 15ft aluminum "Red Drum" in the SMB for a couple hours on Saturday. It was great being back on the water after a three week hiatus. Even though I missed the solunar prime time period, I still ended up with nine quality Bass.

My first Sand Bass of the day.

First Calico Bass of the day.

My big Bass of the day was a 26 inch/8.2 pound Sand Bass that hit my twin-tail scampi like a freight train and fought like a ton of bricks.

And I found out those big Bass have a penchant for eating Rock Crabs.

Had another great time on the water and can't wait to do it again. HOOK-UP!!

Till next tide,
    Good job on the bass. But I would not eat that from there. They put the sand bass in the smb on the unhealthy list.

Wow those are huge bass!! Nice going.

Nice bass on the twin tail, you can eat them just add a little lemon juice.