Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Urban Sewer Fishing: Urban Fishing at its Finest: Video Report

1. Default Urban Sewer Fishing: Urban Fishing at its Finest: Video Report

Hit up a favorite fishing spot in the Inland Empire. It's going to remain unnamed, as it is full of huge green sunfish and a few small largemouth. An abundance of mosquito fish make this a very, very good spot for the greenies to get big. The water was pretty stained and stagnant, it will take a few more rains (doubt we will get any soon) to flush some of the trash and other disgusting stuff out of this channel. However, the fish were eager to bite-landed 'em all on soft plastics, flipped near reeds and other cover (tires, baby strollers, etc).

Enjoy the Video:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XPWgjOHGxCU

Those are huge sunfish. Sure they are not some fish tank cichlid that got loose.
    I just have never seen a panfish's mouth that big other than crappie.

Hey!! I recognize that spot!! Fun fishing in the ghetto. Did you see the big goldfish?

That's awesome. How do you find spots like that?

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by GhettoBasster View Post
    Hey!! I recognize that spot!! Fun fishing in the ghetto. Did you see the big goldfish?
    Nope, not yet. I'm sure they are still there!

I am convinced that the only bass that'll bite in that stretch is that one! I've caught him once, you've caught him once also, and now he's been caught again!!! lol Did he have the bar mark?

7. Default

Yup, I think that's him. There is a few others in that stretch but they have a case of lockjaw

I would've never thought in a million years that a disgusting, stagnant, reed-filled channel like that would hold fish. Congrats on the sunfish and LMB for sure! If I came across that channel, chances are that I would just think "nah, no way there's fish in there" and keep walking...crazy!

thoes look like hydrid redear/lmb no? warmouth?

Quote Originally Posted by carpanglerdude View Post
    Yup, I think that's him. There is a few others in that stretch but they have a case of lockjaw
    lol. His mouth looks well intact!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast