Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Farm Fest Help!

Default Farm Fest Help!

Hey everyone, my name is Jesus and im pretty new to this i recently picked up fishing last year at one of your guy's surf fishing event, and really got hooked ill be going this saturday to the farmfest and im not sure where to fish or what to brring, if anyone can give me tips on what to buy and what good places i can fish from the shore since i dont have a boat, any info and tips would be great and cant wait to learn more this saturday!

As of now I have 2 rods both with some 4lb test line some power worms, powerbait and weights and hooks to match but besides that I don't know what else to get, nor do I know where to fish at the lake since ive never been there

Fish Bait, Sounds like you have a good grasp on what you need. Night crawlers have been really good lately. You can get those at the tackle shop along with anything else you might want. Having a couple of kastmasters and thomas bouyants would be good lures to cast from shore. Mice tails are often very effective also. As far as where to fish from shore. You never really know which spot will be the hot spot of the day but the West shore and Trout island are both good bets. Grab a little Bite-on scent which is also available at the tackle shop and you will be ready to slay. Looking forward to meeting you and feel free to ask us any questions.

Ill be sure to pick up on some of those lures at the tackle shop there, as well as the mice tails and night crawlers just to be sure I have things ready to slay, I appreciate your help and am looking forward to learn more and meet new people thanks again

Like 5150 said but you might want some 2 lb leader as the water is crystal clear and set your drag accordinly

Wish I was fishin' farm fest. but I gotta do some slave labor or I'd have to be at a wedding that day. Anyhoo, enjoy The Team 57 gang, a cool group!
    I'd tell ya' to look for the deepest water you can find to soak some power bait on "SIX" pound test (sorry, my brother Hometown). Put on a big egg sinker and cast it it as far as you can. Have fun and have a cold one for me.
    tightlines,

I want to thank both Hometown and Hookerz for the great tip, Ill be sure to grab some 2lb leader and as for the six pound test I already have a reel filled with that so ill bring that along with me as well and throwing it in the deepest water would be good because the water is starting to warm up right?

Quote Originally Posted by Fish Bait View Post
    I want to thank both Hometown and Hookerz for the great tip, Ill be sure to grab some 2lb leader and as for the six pound test I already have a reel filled with that so ill bring that along with me as well and throwing it in the deepest water would be good because the water is starting to warm up right?
    Yep, you can go about 150 yards past the tip trout island (Santiago flats) by where all the bushes run along the shore, it drops off pretty good there to close to shore. You can tell though, the water is super clear. The water is warm and most the fish will be hangin' in at least 20 ft. of water. Move if you don't get any bites in a certain spot.
    tightlines,
    Last edited by hookerz; 04-22-2013 at 09:43 PM.

Hello Fish Bait,
    I have had good luck this time of year along the West Shore if you are up for a little walk, just look for the steepest rocks along the shore and give it a try....good prior advice, don't hesitate to move a little of it isn't happening anywhere within 75 yards either way you look. FYI If you buy micetails fish light hooks because the bouyancy isnt the greatest from what I have experienced. Personally I like to buy a jar or two of berkley eggs (green/red or white) and some powerworms (chartruese/pink/green) and make my own combos to see what the fish want. Bite-On garlic or roe can't hurt either if you want to add scent.

Good luck out there Jesus and welcome to Team57, see you at the lake!

TD

Thanks for all the tips guys. Echoing what every already said. Just come to the event and everyone there will be willing to help out and we're always trading fishing tips, hot spots, and lies. Also the Irvine Lake staff are top notch and are always willing to give out plenty of advice and where the hot spots have been lately. Most Saturday mornings there's usually a Berkely Pro-Staffer or two in the tackle shop helping people out. Not sure if there will be anyone this weekend but if there is take advantage of it and ask them all the questions you can muster up.

TS

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast