Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: which tube ?

Default which tube ?

While I like the look of the CC ODC 420. I have not seen many that have it in stock.
    I also see the CLASSIC CUMBERLAND. Which I could have shipped to my store for $176.96.
    Anybody here use the Cumberland ? Is it as good as the 420 ?

Cabelas has the 420 ultralight on sale
    on another forum there is a huge following for the Cumberland
    the Cumberland also has a higher weight capacity

apples and oranges really, both are great tubes.

I really do not want the ultralight. but the heavier 420 seems not to be in stock anyplace except at creek company themselves.
    So is the 420 regular worth $70 bucks more than the cumberland..
    If it is apples to oranges what big differences are there and will the PVC rod/net and such mods work on the cumberland.

Not sure if one is worth more than the other, but you can build PVC rod/net holders on any float tube. It will be custom after all.

I guess I'm wondering if the cumberland has the d-clips to mount the rod holder set-up..
    Does anybody here use the cumberland with the rod set-up and have any photos with it ?

I think D rings are pretty much standard on all tube. The cumberland does have D rings and easy to mount PVC rod/sonar holders

here is some pictures of the Cumberland with an assortment of mounts
    (Not my photos, I pulled from a search)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mytube_zpsaa0d1a9d.jpg 
Views:	136 
Size:	93.6 KB 
ID:	40335

Name:	20120715_072438.jpg 
Views:	131 
Size:	60.8 KB 
ID:	40336

Name:	CumberlandMod01.jpg 
Views:	135 
Size:	48.6 KB 
ID:	40337

And the sticky thread at the top of the page shows how to make a system that can be used for pretty much any tube
    Last edited by Whacked; 04-23-2013 at 10:39 AM.

Both tubes r good,i own a cumberland and its a beast on the water keeping me high and dry only knee deep in the water.price isn't bad either for under $200!

So wold the area behind the seat in the cumberland fit an ice chest or square kitty liter box. those square pail the litter comes in ? This would house my small dog.

Yes you can fit an ice chest or square liter box bucket. I occasionally put a 5 gallon home depot bucket on the back of mine. the square ones will fit just fine