Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Big Thanks To Fishing Lakes - Video Stars Fish Off

Default Big Thanks To Fishing Lakes - Video Stars Fish Off

Hey FNN,

Just wanted to post up and say thanks to Fishinglakes.com for hosting the Video Stars fish off on Saturday. The fishing was slow for the boaters/tubers/yakers, but the guys on shore were putting a hurt to nice sized rainbows and lightning trout early in the AM. The fish were all in really shallow, and it wasn't an easy bite for anyone that I spoke to on a tube or boat.

I did manage to get a limit by around 2:00 PM with the biggest at 5 pounds which wasn't good enough to win the day, but I still had a great time being on the water. The crappie in the lake are on the chew! I got into several spots were they were just slamming plastics and lures. I had fun pulling on some of those before calling it quits for the day.

Once again, thanks to the fishinglakes team for putting on the Video Stars competition and for the chance to fish in the fish off!

It was definitely a tough bite for anyone not on shore. I also managed a limit but nothing over 2#. Thankfully, the heat stayed away until mid-afternoon. Another big thanks to fishinglakes.com for putting on the event...
    Last edited by socal114; 04-22-2013 at 06:52 PM.

I could not make it on sat, but I'd like to thank fishing lakes for an awesome trout season, tons of quality fish and supper trout like no other lake !!. Double digit fish on every stocking, in my opinion best pay lake this season thanks!!!!

Finally someone posted about this...I missed it because my alarm did not go off...sucks...woke up at 10am because the night before work was really busy...so who won the fish off?

the 7 3/4 won.. I don't know who won it.

Thanks Craig for the hosting the event.. I had fun.. tough bite but still better than sitting on the couch..

Much appreciated

*shakka*

From Jeff: Jeff Chodkowski Thank you everyone. And thank you Craig and staff at fishinglakes for putting on an awesome tourney for the all star video contestants. I had an awesome time out there.

Jeff won a FANTASTIC Phenix Rod that is being custom built by Bob at BB Custom Rods and a Go-Pro HERO 3 Video Recorder, a Prize Package worth nearly $500.00, for catching the largest Trout among the 20 "All Stars" before 2:00pm. A 7 3/4 pound Lightning Trout. Congrats!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	166 
Size:	94.3 KB 
ID:	40329

Defiantly fun to come fish the event! Thanks fishing lakes for the opportunity to let us fish.