Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Is Power bait fishing "cheating"

Quote Originally Posted by mjc89 View Post
    What if the hook is barbless?
    Sorry but it's simple, they swallow the hook, lure etc. and it gets imbedded in their intestins or stomach then you try and retrieve hook damage is done chance of survival drops dramatically, trout are already fragile and C&R should be practiced with great care when targeting them whether barbless lures or whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by EbonBetta View Post
    S
    uppose you leave the hook in and replace it each fish ?
    So you want to catch a bunch of fish that have lines protruding out of their mouths, oh and by the way as you are tugging on the fish to get it in you are doing damage so no leaving the hook on and retying is not much better that is a technique that is a best case scenario for potential survival but still not a good idea.

Really you guys all fish pay to fish right? You see all those trout belly up in the lake? You know why all those fish are belly up in the lake? Most are due to bad angler habits, hey if your ok with it at those lakes have at it, JUST DON'T BRING THOSE PRACTICES TO THE SIERRA'S, GREGORY, BBL ETC............................................... .............

Quote Originally Posted by seal View Post
    So you want to catch a bunch of fish that have lines protruding out of their mouths, oh and by the way as you are tugging on the fish to get it in you are doing damage so no leaving the hook on and retying is not much better that is a technique that is a best case scenario for potential survival but still not a good idea.

Really you guys all fish pay to fish right? You see all those trout belly up in the lake? You know why all those fish are belly up in the lake? Most are due to bad angler habits, hey if your ok with it at those lakes have at it, JUST DON'T BRING THOSE PRACTICES TO THE SIERRA'S, GREGORY, BBL ETC............................................... .............
    +1! respect your resources!!

Quote Originally Posted by DockRat View Post
    Power bait cheating ?
    Like T/O said.

' FISHING IS FISHING '

Even with a Gill Net.

Yo Tuckka, Did you have a vintage IBM the size of a house back in the day ?
    DockRat you are soooo right!!!!!! In College as a freshman I took a programming class, We used PUNCHED CARDS, if you don't know what punched cards are, you are a very lucky person. Made me hate computers for the next 20 years.

Quote Originally Posted by seal View Post

This is why I fish striper. No drama involved, use whatever you use to catch and kill your fish, take em home fry em up. There's no big debates on how to c&r them, and you don't get hounded when you don't throw em back.

Quote Originally Posted by fishinarteest View Post
    This is why I fish striper. No drama involved, use whatever you use to catch and kill your fish, take em home fry em up. There's no big debates on how to c&r them, and you don't get hounded when you don't throw em back.
    Some just toss um on shore for the local wildlife (they don't go to waste at the Wood) like a carp to thin the schoolies out, yup a different mindset completely! Me I still only take what I can eat I know some guys keep all DD's I mean really how much meat do you need?

Quote Originally Posted by geedavell View Post
    I went tubing this past weekend and there was another guy in a tube also near by. He had a good size trout and a couple pan size tied to the side of his tube .While fishing for a few hours you could hear him yelling to everyone on the lake that he had another fish on. When it was time for me to leave, I ask him what he was using. He said he caught them on PB. I'm not trying to sound like a whiner but I consider fishing with PB....just getting lucky. There is no skill involved. I fished with spinners, trout tubes or power worms and got a few pan size fish but I feel like I worked for those fish. Anyone else out there feel the same about PB or is just me being a whiner?
    i dont think i would call it cheating nor would i say its completly unskilled, if you dont know what your are doing such as using 20# line, fishing a 4 foot leader when the fish are near the bottome or sit on one spot all day when it has produced zero fish your chances are very slim that you will get a bite then you still have to be able to fight the fish the right way so you dont get broken off. rember just cuz you get a bite dont mean the fish is caught!!

with that said i much perfer to use plastic and only resort to PB in the most desprite of times. Not only do i hate siting watching my pole, i like the feeling of knowing that i caused that strike, i fooled the fish into thinking that my lure was a live meal.

Quote Originally Posted by geedavell View Post
    I went tubing this past weekend and there was another guy in a tube also near by. He had a good size trout and a couple pan size tied to the side of his tube .While fishing for a few hours you could hear him yelling to everyone on the lake that he had another fish on. When it was time for me to leave, I ask him what he was using. He said he caught them on PB. I'm not trying to sound like a whiner but I consider fishing with PB....just getting lucky. There is no skill involved. I fished with spinners, trout tubes or power worms and got a few pan size fish but I feel like I worked for those fish. Anyone else out there feel the same about PB or is just me being a whiner?
    If it makes you feel better, sure, call him a cheater. Just like I would say you're cheating when I'm stuck fishing on shore while you're out there in a tube fishing where the fish are at. There's no skill catching fish when you're surrounded by fishes in a tube. I have to hike to find the right spot, cast the line far out, and pray I don't get line snags on my spinners/lures. I feel like I have worked for catching the fish.

9. Default

The skill comes in after beer number ten.

Quote Originally Posted by SILVER CARP SUPERSTAR View Post
    The skill comes in after beer number ten.
    Kinda like this guy.....

http://youtu.be/wKn2WpvywMg

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast