Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Is Power bait fishing "cheating"

I love going to Rush Creek and watching the chair sitters howl when we catch fish after fish with direct contact nymphing. What really makes them howl is when we release all the fish without touching them using a Ketchum Release tool. We're gonna do a video of the knuckleheads next fall.

Quote Originally Posted by Viejo View Post
    I love going to Rush Creek and watching the chair sitters howl when we catch fish after fish with direct contact nymphing. What really makes them howl is when we release all the fish without touching them using a Ketchum Release tool. We're gonna do a video of the knuckleheads next fall.
    Good for you guy's!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post
    Thread necromancy.

Not a good look with you, eTucks.

You look like you're begging.
    LMAO!!!!

That's a classic!

Quote Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post
    Thread necromancy.

Not a good look with you, eTucks.

You look like you're begging.
    I thought I should address this comment!!! I will admit sometimes, "I'm a little dense to other peoples logic!!!" When TO thought me and my associates catching freshly planted trout from Nebraska wasn't anything to brag about. But his "Holdover trout from PVR were!!!" I thought my P/B thread response made sense to reread it. (I guess not!!!) I've heard people complain for a long time that in "THEIR MINDS" the kind of fishing they do was "REAL FISHING" but other people's fishing was either cheating or not real fishing at all!!! I've always taken offense to that kind of reasoning.

In my trout fishing career I've done 2 out of the 4 levels of trout fishing a fair amount of the time. What are the 4 levels of trout fishing??? I'll name them in my unique fashion. lol

Level 1. Fishing for freshly planted trout. Which is what most people do living in Southern Ca. I'll call this no hiney trout fishing.

Level 2. Fishing for "Holdover trout." Done at a few lakes in Southern Ca and a few more in the Sierras. I'll call this half arse trout fishing.

Level 3. Native trout fishing. A few streams in Southern Ca have them and a few more in the Sierras. The problem is most of the time their small fish. (a few exceptions like Rush creek) I'll call this full arse trout fishing.

Level 4. Wild big arse trout fishing!!! Which I have done quite a bit of in my fishing career. These fish are "BIG & Mean and Wild!!!" I'm talking about wild steelhead, Lake trout and my favorite Bull trout. (aka Dolly Vardens) The Graylings I'm not sure are considered a trout. (but a very unusually fish non the less) The reason why Bull trout are my favorite is, "they will eat a small rainbow trout right off your hook. I use to fish for them every summer on the Peace river in BC. I'll call this kind of trout fishing, "Off the Hook trout fishing!!!" Because the fish are wild, unusually and big and mean!!!!

The point of all this and my revisit of the P/B thread was, "when someone calls someone else's fishing 2 bit or not very sporting." My response is, "take a look in the mirror before you say that about someone else's fishing. For that old expression is so true, "Beauty is in the eye of the Beholder!!!!"
    Last edited by etucker1959; 01-24-2017 at 01:35 PM.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345