Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Is Power bait fishing "cheating"

I think the guy who has to ask another angler what he used is the cheater cause he couldn't figure it out himself. :)

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteleather View Post
    Oh Kingfish, you're just sore cause I kick your butt everytime we just use bait and wait!.......LOL just kidding. Lure fishing is alot more fun, but sometimes it's fun just to kick back and take in the scenery while drinking a cold one and letting the line soak with that PB or nightcrawler.
    Ya you and those damn mice tails, kill me every time! But yes you're right about chillin with a cold beer and letting your bait soak, nothing better!

Quote Originally Posted by seal View Post
    I mean really how much meat do you need?
    Well we do need to eat meat lol, soooo...

Powerbait is good for BBL in the winter, when your hands go numb after tying one knot. Just cast it out, put hands in pockets, return to truck, and run the heater while watching your rod. It's also good for Jello shots. Just ask DS about his initiation...

Quote Originally Posted by Skyler View Post
    It's also good for Jello shots. Just ask DS about his initiation...
    Dude, you told me it was Velveeta. :-\

No wonder I shat rainbows for 2 days.

Quote Originally Posted by seal View Post
    So you want to catch a bunch of fish that have lines protruding out of their mouths, oh and by the way as you are tugging on the fish to get it in you are doing damage so no leaving the hook on and retying is not much better that is a technique that is a best case scenario for potential survival but still not a good idea.

Really you guys all fish pay to fish right? You see all those trout belly up in the lake? You know why all those fish are belly up in the lake? Most are due to bad angler habits, hey if your ok with it at those lakes have at it, JUST DON'T BRING THOSE PRACTICES TO THE SIERRA'S, GREGORY, BBL ETC............................................... .............
    funny you mention this, was cleaning a few trout caught in the sierras a few weeks back and a few of them had both hook AND powerbait still lodged in their gut. can't see how a fish can survive being backed up like that.

To each his own. Enjoy the effort you put in to catch your quarry and don't worry about the others. That's why we fish.

I think revisiting my favorite response of "ALL TIME" that I wrote. Is a very appropriate companion read to my thread about conditions are a changing at Lake Wohlford. I wrote this comment years ago but it fits in real nice (see if you agree??) to other peoples responses to my latest Lake Wohlford thread. (no sense in re-inventing the wheel!!!!) lol

It didn't format the way I wanted it too!!! But read response #7 on this thread and then go read "the conditions are changing at Lake Wohlford thread." I'll think you will see a pattern about how some fishermens brains work!!!!! lol
    Last edited by etucker1959; 01-16-2017 at 10:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by etucker1959 View Post
    I think revisiting blah blah blah
    Thread necromancy.

Not a good look with you, eTucks.

You look like you're begging.

powerbait isn't cheating...it's just "bait" fishing. i've outfished people many times using jigs, spinners, etc. over powerbait. I'd say powerbait is more so the "lazy" way to do it. I use it when i just feel like kicking back and waiting for a bite...it has a time and a place in trout fishing...

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast