Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: Sock or shoe over wader booty for FIN?

Default Sock or shoe over wader booty for FIN?

Basically I'm set up with all that I need to float tube but am a pair of fin short.

I have waders with neoprene booties.

Question: Before getting fins, should I be getting a neoprene sock (lots of different ones on amazon) to fit over my wader booties, or should I just use the wader booties. or should I get a pair of shoes that will fit over it?

Probably will get a pair of use Force Fins.

Thanks!
    UL

If you don't get something to fit over the wader booty and walk around in the waders you WILL wear holes in your wader booty's very quickly. I'm not sure what the Force Fins will accept but if you are looking to buy something cheap initially just buy yourself a cheap Wally World pair of ripoff Chuck's high tops. The neopreme booties will work also but if they are just the sock types and not the flats types then if you plan on doing any hiking to your fishing spots that will be an issue with just socks.

I do a lot of hiking with my tube and need a good pair of wading boots to get to many spots I fish this is one reason why I do not understand getting "dive fins" to use for float tubing, dive fins for the most part do not accept boots or shoes, once again I'm not sure about Force Fins I think they accept shoes but not sure how big or what the deal is, but if you want to blow the bucks for um go for it.

I just wear a pair of cheap water socks I picked up at kmart

This is what I use. Lightweight, comfortable, and works well with my dive fins.

http://www.basspro.com/World-Wide-Sp...duct/10213717/

Quote Originally Posted by Socal Bassman View Post
    This is what I use. Lightweight, comfortable, and works well with my dive fins.

http://www.basspro.com/World-Wide-Sp...duct/10213717/
    I have the same boots & they work fine w my dive fins.the only down side is that they get water in them while im tubing

I have Simms freestone boots with force fins and they work great. You can walk to the water on any terrain and then just put your fins on.

Quote Originally Posted by DC5fishR View Post
    I have Simms freestone boots with force fins and they work great. You can walk to the water on any terrain and then just put your fins on.
    100 bucks for the Simms then 200 bucks for the Force Fins = COME ON A TUBE DOESN'T COST THAT MUCH! Ok so that's basically 500 bucks if you are just using a FC4 or ODC but since you spend 300 bucks on fins and boots then I'd say you are rock'n a killer pair of waders, add another 200 on the conservative side. I don't know at this point I'm thinking maybe just purchase a boat, lol.

I still have 2 pair of used forced fins in medium if you need a pair. Why spend $200 when you can get a used pair for $50