Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A little problem

Default A little problem

So I tied some 15 lb pp braid to a 10lb fc leader using a alberto knot. The problem is that the knot is getting caught on my smallest eyelet. I cut the tag ends all the way down and then took a lighter to the braid tag. Anyone have any suggestions? The rod is a phx s722 with a stradic fj 1000 if that matters.

The albright is dead to me. I only use this one now. I've never had any breakage or problems with it. The video is in Japanese, but all you need to really know is that he wraps the spectra 10 times or so in one direction and another 10 in the opposite direction.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jCuQF...19EF&index=159

The problem with the Albright as you are already aware is that the mono tag end keeps getting caught in a rod's guides when you make a cast.

What is that knot in the video called?

Quote Originally Posted by Perris_holic View Post
    What is that knot in the video called?
    It doesn't have a name lol! This guy just came up with it.

I started watching it while on mute and the game on in the background. Is that whole video about that one knot?

Hey perris_holic Iv'e been using the alberto knot (modified albright) for over a year with no problems at all.Bigest lmb was 8.78 lb with 10# seaguar kanzen braid with 6# invisix leader.I wrap my knot 8 times in each direction.I also use a finger saver to cinch the knot down.You can buy it from HI's Tackle.com for $8.99. My knot looks a lot more compact than yours.On google crome search alberto knot for fishing. It's posted from highsierrafly.blogspot.com Sorry I don't know how to post a link but I'm computer illerate,thats why I don"t post too much,Whats a fish report without knowing how to post pictures.

uni to uni, super simple and have never had it fail. There is also the Bob Sands Knot which is more complicated and i'm still trying to get it perfect, but it is much more cylindrical and slides through the guides with ease.

Lol that is a alberto knot that I tied

Quote Originally Posted by Perris_holic View Post
    I started watching it while on mute and the game on in the background. Is that whole video about that one knot?
    Yes.................

Oh, and you're welcome.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast