Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Lake San Antonio on the water report and is Hardcor Hank hills dad?

Default Lake San Antonio on the water report and is Hardcor Hank hills dad?

Sum up the striper report.

Dead Nada zilch!.

Fish are posted up in 130 ft at 80 ft.

We got the d rigs to them but no go.

Got on some Carl boils and now cat fishing
    Our three boats are daisy chained and tb is knocked out sleeping.

Mikes ocean passed out and is mia.

Double a and the Fresno boys and I are the only ones still fish in

Were having a blast. Fish coming over the rail.. update tomorrow.

I'm cutbait !

I'm cutbait !

I'm cutbait !

Last edited by Hardcor; 04-17-2013 at 08:17 AM.

I have a lot of experience fishing Lake San Antonio for the large model Stripers, So I called cutbait to tell him how to set the drags on his reels for the really large one's

Last edited by Hardcor; 04-17-2013 at 08:46 AM.

It was a tough go yesterday,,,

Last night was a BLAST !!!

Catfish'n,,, shootin' the crap,,, passing the Southern Comfort.
    CB came up with a new knot... The So Co Knot.

Well,,, DK, Andrew, CB, and I found the party,,,
    But this morning someone found the FISH !!!!!

More to come........

Last night was good times that was the best part of the trip. These guys are a bunch of laughs TB is a funny guy. Yesterday was tough started the day with motor issue but we stuck it out and gave it our best. Marked lots of bait and fish but no takers. Can't wait for TB pic of today's catches. Ill have some pic later. Oh yeah alls I heard last night was I AM CUTBAIT.
    Last edited by dk4885; 04-17-2013 at 01:27 PM.

Well well well..

What a marathon 2 dayer.... Lookin back it was tough and epic at the same time.

It all started last week when TB wanted to tandem boat San Antonio on a two dayer. Theory was solid, one of us run north lake one South Lake..

Comb the waters if you will of the prized blood lined Striper meat!

Next thing you know, TB lets our secret out to MikesOcean, who tells Hiro.... I say screw it and tell DK who tells Andrew, I invite Double A.

Heck we invited even TroutOnly and Hardcor... But they declined, stating they had some more "light line", "down rigger", "rapala" "silverwood 8 inchers" movies to make and just weren't geared up for anything bigger than 8lb test..

So be it!

Now the trip was blown up into a 4 boat Trolling Carpet bombing!..

All of us to hit seperate runs of the lake and report mid morning.

Well I noticed the weather was turning to pot Monday morning.. Too late, were commited. We launch at the Bako Boy ramp, well not all of us, {no matter how hard we try we cannot prove that the North ramp route is the safest, fastest and easiest route} oh well I digress,,,

3 of us launch from the bako ramp and one from the Bob's south shore. DK had engine troubles immediately and almost went home.. He stuck it out and has some throttle/fuel pressure problem that would only let him idle.. He made the trip fine.

We troll and troll and troll,, NUTIN! And just as predicted the wind blows hard at 11 am.. Still we all trolled..

Only major Striper activity was in deep water, deepest in fact of the lake and fish were posted up at 80ft.

we got the downriggers out and ran through, nothing. We tried and tried... We tried bait, we tried vertical jigging, we tried Hardcor's light line and yozuri bean method.. Nuthing....

Here are a few pics to show the waves and wind and partners..

Leaving the Bako boy ramp I immediately saw MikesOcean BLING BLING polish job on the "tin cup".. Look at the shine from 2 miles away{way in the distance}

San Antonio Dam

Look at all the CRAP we loaded for the 2 dayer.. Most went unused.. I tend to pack too much on these trips

MikesOcean blinging it out on the rough water.. DUDE is a ruthless big water captain

Trail Blazer on the Striper Junkie 2 before the wind...

Tues morning got my Thermos out of the cabinet after months of no use and I find this lovely surprise..

Forgot to mention the two fish TB did catch tues... Almost forgot about them because of what they are.

Wasn't long and sunset was approaching. We hunkered down and got into a daisy chain formation which allows us to fish from both sides of everyones boat.. Here is some pics of the grub getting cooked and the partay starting..

Wasn't long and beers were flowing and SoCO rocking.. {southern comfort} .... ANd the kitties bitin!

DK and Andrew started off hot with the "JACK LINKS" super mackeral.. **** looked like salmon

Wasn't long and the soco changed the course of discussion and behavior... We also noticed the big guy was aweful quiet.... dude got a hamburger and hot link in him and a fifth of Beam and was out like a light.. We threw leftovers in his general direction all night while he slept...

We contemplated life,, Talked about Britney spears loaded up on crank and how much fun that ride would be.... We all were in consensus that it would certainly top the experience of a DD striper on Topwater..

Carp BLEW up all night on boils all over that lake, I was trying to come up with some setup to get on that bite.. Came up with a Alabama rig style bait... Think it will work BOB?

Double A got the biggest kitty around 7 lbs and just near lost his rod. We both lunged as it was going over and we both grabbed it... Kitties were biting so good we eventually had to reel our baits in to sleep..

WFN open on the kitties...

Dawn broke and it was COLD! 32 degrees and a solid 10 mph wind all night had all of our butts froze... We un daisy chained and headed once again for different parts of the lake looking for stripers...

Ofcourse I picked wrong again and went North. DK and TB went south...

Well lets just say Double A and I met DK at the ramp before lunch and were heading home while SOMEONE captured some trout eaters!.. I'll let him tell the story and pics...

Double A... was a blast, best partner there is. Thanks for putting up with the striper skunk and nice kitty..

MikesOcean.... glad to see ya again and thanks for the food.. Your like a boat skipper superhero in that bling bling..

Dk.... get those gremlins outta that boat and get a millerton pig for us..

Andrew.... Great to see ya and talk smack again!!!

TB... Im proud to be 50% of the Bako boys.. You came up on these FNN Striper killin wannabes who troll light line and are afraid to travel to real lakes..

HardCor... were your ears ringin last night? Somewhere along the smack talk... your video came up.. We all wondered who could make TroutOnly look tall??? Then TB said you were Hank Hill's father.. And yes,,, "I'm CUTBAIT" was said a lot that night

TroutOnly,,,, Ya gotta quit hangin out with this 4 lb test troller.. makin ya look like an Irvine guy? Come on back to the Bako Boys.. Ya know we treat you right!
    Last edited by cutbait; 04-17-2013 at 03:09 PM.

Did ya'll have some Oildale girls show up for evening entertainment and enjoy the good company?

Quote Originally Posted by DEVOREFLYER View Post
    Did ya'll have some Oildale girls show up for evening entertainment and enjoy the good company?
    Not feasible to take the Oildale women this trip. Hence the cranked out Britney Spears discussion.

Oh yeah. Water temp was 63. Lake is low. Water was clear of weeds and is clear in visibility.

Wheres the pics of t/b hog slayin stripers,,,,,,,,,bitchbait,,,,,,,,,,,,,,lol,,,,,,, ,,,,,,

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast