Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 So Cal Bowfishing Season

Default 2013 So Cal Bowfishing Season

Looking to hit 'em hard this season and looking for a partner(s) for trips to Elsinore, Cachuma and Big Bear (including the Carp Round-up tournament). Let me know if you're interested.

I've never bowfished before, but it sounds like fun. Now, if only I can get my bow back from Riverside Archery.

It's a blast. 2012 was my first season and can't wait for things to get going this year. If you like archery and fishing, you can't beat bowfishing IMO...

Quote Originally Posted by batastrophe View Post
    It's a blast. 2012 was my first season and can't wait for things to get going this year. If you like archery and fishing, you can't beat bowfishing IMO...
    Ask skyler he does a lot of bow fishing. I'm going to big bear this weekend and I have my bow up in my parents cabin so I will take it out to see if any crap are around.

I was up at big bear yesterday. Hit about 6 spots from shore. The water level is low, so a lot of the good cover in the east end is unfishable. Been averaging about 3 fish a day, and a lot of hail marys into deep water. I did, however, observe some spawning behavior in boulder bay yesterday. Things should pick up by the end of the month. As for a shooting partner, just hit me up.

I don't get out as much as I should or want too, but hit me up as well. Sometimes all I need is a little push to get going.
    I am also rigging my kayak with outriggers to stand on it and be balanced

-bb

I'll be down to hit up Big Bear and Elsinore with you when I can. Cachuma though, is a bit far. LOL

It doesn't look like I'll be getting my bow back anytime soon. Anyone know how to rig a vintage Bear recurve for bowfishing?

Quote Originally Posted by Socal Bassman View Post
    It doesn't look like I'll be getting my bow back anytime soon. Anyone know how to rig a vintage Bear recurve for bowfishing?

You just need to be able to mount a reel and line on it some how, even one of those simple hand wound reels will do
    -bb

Quote Originally Posted by Socal Bassman View Post
    just rig up something like this

http://www.3riversarchery.com/Tradit..._baseitem.html

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast