Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Pismo Clam dive sat. 3/30

Default Pismo Clam dive sat. 3/30

I took advantage of the small surf a couple weeks back and did a clam dive in Ventura county . It was almost flat water and saw things that I normally dont see here , like a little flourecent snail cruising on the bottom , a bunch of little shrimps 4inches long , looked like egg clusters of some sort and of course the sand dollars along with the many little crabs . Had a tough time finding them but when I did it was easy picking . Just looked for the sighon sticking out of the sand or the little hair like growth sticking out or just probing the bottom with a abalone iron . There usually just 3-5 inches under the sand . Got my limit of 10 that weighed 25 lbs. Its getting tougher coming back thru the surf with so much wt. next time Iam taking my ab. float tube . I sprayed the shells with a polyurethane clear coat after they dried and gave the shells away . Easter egg hunt on easter weekend .http://i599.photobucket.com/albums/t.../3-30-13pismoclams003_zps4743cc15.jpg>

Awesome report and pictures!

Looks like a ton of fun.

Thanks for posting.

TS

Thumbs up

That's so cool... gotta give it a try one of these days.
    Well done!

If you wanna see a Go Pro video at the excact beach were these clams were takin go to YouTube.com and type in free diving for pismo clams and theres a small group of guys who got a bunch of clams free diving and also using scuba . Its just like what I do cruise along poking in the sand and looking for sighn . This video has a guy in a grey/black wetsuit in his opening picture , well done and not moving his head around real fast and making anyone watching seasick , ha really fun hunt and really good tasting , you get alot of meat in a limit of 10 clams . Iam going again real soon as soon as the surf is smaller . A big sea lion appeared out of nowhere and just fallowed me around really close for half my dive [ begger , lol ]

Hey Steve, didn't know you were a diver too!
    Last edited by Geraldlim; 09-28-2013 at 09:35 PM.