Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Crappie at Lake Elsinore

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Crappie at Lake Elsinore

Was planning on fishing SARL big event Saturday, but the weather report scared me off. So I went looking for a back up plan, Iv'e been fishing too many years not to have a plan. Called the bait & Tackle store at the big E and got all the info I needed. The Crappie fishing in the Marina is not wide open but they are bitting, IF YOU KNOW WHAT YOUR DOING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Williams is great in helping people out in catching fish. You just have to ask the right questions. He told me he caught 11 in 40 minutes the night before. He even walked me to his spot and showed me the correct motion on the Crappie jig. A long story short, caught 8 nice size Crappie, 1 bluegill and a carp. The best part was that it only took a few hours of fishing time to make a catch. The guy's 20 feet to my right caught about 20 and the people in between us caught NOTHING. These things are also bitting right into the dark. Most people at night were dead sticking their bobbers and still catching fish. If anyone has any specific questions, I would be more then happy to answer them. I don't know what this weather is going to do to them, but I don't think it's over yet.
    Last edited by etucker1959; 04-09-2013 at 05:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by etucker1959 View Post
    Was planning on fishing SARL big event Saturday, but the weather report scared me off. So I went looking for a back up plan, Iv'e been fishing too many years not to have a plan. Called the bait & Tackle store at the big E and got all the info I needed. The Crappie fishing in the Marina is not wide open but they are bitting, IF YOU KNOW WHAT YOUR DOING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Williams is great in helping people out in catching fish. You just have to ask the right questions. He told me he caught 11 in 40 minutes the night before. He even walked me to his spot and showed me the correct motion on the Crappie jig. A long story short, caught 8 nice size Crappie, 1 bluegill and a carp. The best part was that it only took a few hours of fishing time to make a catch. The guy's 20 feet to my right caught about 20 and the people in between us caught NOTHING. These things are also bitting right into the dark. Most people at night were dead sticking their bobbers and still catching fish. If anyone has any specific questions, I would be more then happy to answer them. I don't know what this weather is going to do to them, but I don't think it's over yet.
    I was there today fishing for bass. im never going back there again. im convinced there isn't one lmb left in that lake.

What kind of jigs did you use?

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalFisher606 View Post
    What kind of jigs did you use?
    The Standard Elsinore Crappie set up is a bobber with a 3-4 foot leader for those who don't know with some kind of Crappie Lure. I was using a Yellow and White Mini Jig. The guys to my right, who did better then I did were using a solid white paddle tail lure. To be honest with you guys, I'm not that good with Crappie plastics. My friend Mikey is the real champ, had he gone the trip could have been epic.

The bass are there just not ready to play. The guys fishing crappie are catching them on crappie jigs.the city has planted a lot of large mouth bass go se William he will give you some good info.

how big were the crappie? i am visiting friends in temecula next week, and was thinking of tubing for some crappie.