Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: No stock(?) and Bad C&R at Lytle Creek

Default No stock(?) and Bad C&R at Lytle Creek

I saw that Lytle Creek was scheduled to be stocked recently but knowing how the low the flow is I thought: "Yeah right. The stock guys will get there and turn around once they see the water."

Well, I fished anyway...and I was probably right. Didn't see any stockers in any of the usual spots, but some very small
    (< 6 inches) wilds cruising. Maybe it's already fished out but I think conditions ruled out a trout plant.

I also wanted to report some pretty bad catch and release. The large and popular pool above the little SCE dam had a dead fish sunken at the bottom. Some dude went in and grabbed him. He tossed it my way and it was a 6-7" wild rainbow with a Berkely Power Nymph lodged in his throat and about 3 inches of line coming out his mouth. His insides looked like someone tried to pull out the bait before realizing it wasn't a good idea. It looks like they decided to cut the line in hopes he'd survive. Good intentions, but unsuccessful.

Just wanted to bring some attention to good catch and release skills. Here's a link to some good suggestions:

http://www.jrwfishing.com/catchrelease.html

Go barbless in the streams!!!

thats always hard to deal with, it hurts. especially with Bows, they are fragile as it is. sorry you had to see that.

Good Hunting

3. Default

Sorry to hear they didn't stock it. Did you see many other anglers?

Quote Originally Posted by carpanglerdude View Post
    Sorry to hear they didn't stock it. Did you see many other anglers?
    There have been some fly flingers up here the last few weeks and a few guys with spinning rigs. I wouldn't say many, but more than a few. There are already tons of swimmers and if anyone needs any evidence as to how little rain we've had this year, every dam that people built last year are still in place. Usually the rains wash em out, not this year though.