Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: gregory stocking

Default gregory stocking

went to lake gregory last wed and saw DFG stocking truck pull up by the boat house in the morning. I got kinda excited because it was my first time seeing a lake get stocked and I was very surprised to see how small number of trouts were being stocked.

DFG guy got out his net and started dumping fish in the lake few times and that was it. Im not sure if they also dump fish by the ball field but... anyways is it normal for DFG to dump few net-full of trouts for their stocking program or is it the economy hitting our lakes too?

I caught 2 trouts after stocking and an older guy caught 2 sitting next to me.

Should be good fishing this weekend and next week up in gregory with derby this weekend and another DFG stocking next week!!

I talked to a guy at the boat house and he said they should be be stocking 2000 lbs by Friday.

We've been talking about that plant. Not so sure if it wasn't an uplanned trout plant. There was a plant scheduled for Miller Creek and they put a very small amount in a pool that usually gets stuffed with trout but only a few were in there after the plant, but the creek is extremely low compared to normal, thinking maybe because of water level they decided to dump the remainder in Gregory. I was fishing the day after the plant and those were some pretty small fish and yes it looks like they dropped them in the ballfield area also.