Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sliverwood Lake Striper report 4-5 ( Video)

lol funny ending and good video. Thanks for sharing!

Hardcore,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,The BAKO BOYS are FOREVER ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Till DEATH DO US PART!!!lolol

That being said,,,,,,,you can be on our team anytime bro,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,it would be a blast,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Even puttin a whoopin on ,,,or ,,, gettin whoop,d by you would be an honor!
    Last edited by trail blazer; 04-08-2013 at 07:46 AM.

Nice video and awesome to hear striper bite is picking up. After getting into the swimbait craze about 3 and a half months ago I finally hooked one up yesterday at around 6:15 pm on a 6" lunker punker over on the west side of the swim beach. So used to not catching anything on this rod it took me a second to realize I had something on my line. It felt like a decent fish but it's also the first one I've ever hooked up on this rod and reel so I have nothing to compare to. Long story short I lost the fish about mid way in and sat there and cried like a school girl who just got dumped by her boyfriend. Gonna give it a whirl thursday night and try to stay until dark. Excuse while I go sulk some more.

I'm there Bob!

Quote Originally Posted by Jmac View Post
    Nice video and awesome to hear striper bite is picking up. After getting into the swimbait craze about 3 and a half months ago I finally hooked one up yesterday at around 6:15 pm on a 6" lunker punker over on the west side of the swim beach. So used to not catching anything on this rod it took me a second to realize I had something on my line. It felt like a decent fish but it's also the first one I've ever hooked up on this rod and reel so I have nothing to compare to. Long story short I lost the fish about mid way in and sat there and cried like a school girl who just got dumped by her boyfriend. Gonna give it a whirl thursday night and try to stay until dark. Excuse while I go sulk some more.
    Don't feel bad I dumped a 20+ last night. Sucker actually thought it was a LMB and did some aerobatics on me.

Quote Originally Posted by troutsniffer View Post
    lol funny ending and good video. Thanks for sharing!
    Thank you troutsniffer, This lake is about to go off !

Quote Originally Posted by Hardcor View Post
    Thank you troutsniffer, This lake is about to go off !
    Quote Originally Posted by trail blazer View Post
    Hardcore,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,The BAKO BOYS are FOREVER ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Till DEATH DO US PART!!!lolol

That being said,,,,,,,you can be on our team anytime bro,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,it would be a blast,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Even puttin a whoopin on ,,,or ,,, gettin whoop,d by you would be an honor!
    I'm taking my boat out Tuesday to the outer banks scouting for Albacore ! and I'll be at Sliverwood Thursday and hopefully T/O will step aboard and get me out of the cutbait dinky Striper funk !

Quote Originally Posted by Hardcor View Post
    I'm taking my boat out Tuesday to the outer banks scouting for Albacore ! and I'll be at Sliverwood Thursday and hopefully T/O will step aboard and get me out of the cutbait dinky Striper funk !
    Sheesh. Watch out TO will have you baitn down for kitties or trolling for "holdovers".

Or heaven forbid throwing a rubber worm for greencarp

Quote Originally Posted by Jmac View Post
    Jmac, I feel your pain, The first big Striper I ever hook in the early 70's, I bring right up the launch ramp and I go in for the mouth grab and it sinks my brand new Z plug deep into my palm and thumb. It's shaking hard and opening me up,there is blood everywhere and shakes it's self free. I could not move, I didn't even fill the pain of all three barbs of the treble hook buried in my thumb and palm.The Striper was floating 10 feet out in the water looking at me. I waded in after him and he took off. To this day I don't remember any pain in my hand even after 15 stitches. But forty something years later when I'm working and I see that big scar on my thumb I all way remember that Striper looking at me right before he swam away. I was almost sure he was laughing

Quote Originally Posted by seal View Post
    Don't feel bad I dumped a 20+ last night. Sucker actually thought it was a LMB and did some aerobatics on me.
    I'm crying for you.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast