Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Sliverwood Lake Striper report 4-5 ( Video)

Default Sliverwood Lake Striper report 4-5 ( Video)

There is a really good swimbait bite going on at sun up for an hour or so and at the hour just before dark. Stephen a friend of mine let me know this and seal and 885 have been letting the bite out to. Unfortunately the bite is over before you can launch your boat. But I looked for it right where seal and Stephen said it would be and you would not believe the Shad stacked up in Cleghorn. My video show's an unbelievable amount of Shad in HD. The video is long and boring until you see Shad balls from the surface down to 60 feet deep and 40 feet wide.Anyway the Stripers were keyed in on the Shad and it took awhile to figure them out. I got dinked again but I had my chance at at couple of nice one's throwing medium swimbaits at the spillway. I had a few followers that were the large class and one real good ripper why I was trolling. Stephen was killing them on the white fly jiggy jiggy. Joe was killing them on the umbrella rig. They both trolled by and had to rub it in why I was tossing the swimbaits. I got my limit trolling an orange 4 inch X Rap jerk bait and the same thing in white. Sorry for the late report, Saturday I fished Bonefish in San Diego Bay and today Sunday I fished the IE pipe for Lingcod. Life is good.

PS Joe the killing machine is the nicest guy and his crew all had huge smiles on there faces and it's on the video

PS There is also a showing by cutbait in the video but the best footage is these Shad Ball.
    In the video you see Shad dippling on the surface, as I troll over them you see them show up on the front meter thick with Stripers all over them in HD color it"s cool video

http://youtu.be/uNUtmmNSkMI
    Last edited by Hardcor; 04-07-2013 at 07:12 PM.

You crack me up corn dog!

Only you can make a video of 10 micros interesting

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!

Priceless!

love it,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Great post,,,,,,,,,the best kind,,tons,a video,,,,,,,

Looks like a GREAT day on the water,,,,,,,,,,

I see that the BAKO BOYS are on your mind,,lol,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Thanks for the props fellow Striperkilla!

Thanks Hardcore.

TRAIL BLAZER

Hats off to you and Joe for catching fish.

I spent the whole day today (Sunday) at the wood trolling and only managed 2.

But I do have to say, my schoolies were fat!
    Me and a buddy were throwing swim baits for an hour for nothing. Although I did get 2 bumps just no sticking.

It looks like you were bait fishing. Are you throwing jigs and just keeping them in your rod holders or was your boat actually moving?

Btw...good job and nice video.

Quote Originally Posted by cutbait View Post
    You crack me up corn dog!

Only you can make a video of 10 micros interesting
    See cutbait, I'm Mr Dink you have nothing to fear. Now put those pretty locks on the line !

Quote Originally Posted by trail blazer View Post
    LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!

Priceless!

love it,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Great post,,,,,,,,,the best kind,,tons,a video,,,,,,,

Looks like a GREAT day on the water,,,,,,,,,,

I see that the BAKO BOYS are on your mind,,lol,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Thanks for the props fellow Striperkilla!

Thanks Hardcore.

TRAIL BLAZER
    Thanks Trail Blazer, You could be on my team anytime. I like the way you back your brother.

Kill one for me next time your out !

PS Didn't that little baby Striper look like cutbait with a mohawk !

Looks like these videos are going
    To be showing for awhile!!!!! Lol.

Looks fun,,,,,

Cm

Quote Originally Posted by mikesocean View Post
    Hats off to you and Joe for catching fish.

I spent the whole day today (Sunday) at the wood trolling and only managed 2.

But I do have to say, my schoolies were fat!
    Me and a buddy were throwing swim baits for an hour for nothing. Although I did get 2 bumps just no sticking.

It looks like you were bait fishing. Are you throwing jigs and just keeping them in your rod holders or was your boat actually moving?

Btw...good job and nice video.
    Thank you mikesocean

I was trying like you for big fish until 1:30 throwing a medium Shad swimbait, that's what got the followers. I threw the hud and the jointed homemade hardbait.

I trolled big baits over all over my big fish spots

I got all my dinks trolling from 1.5 to 3.0 mph. I changed up and started getting bit at 2.5

The boat is quiet, you can see in the video I don't even spook the surface Shad that are dimpling as I'm trolling over them.

I have to get out of this dink mode

Quote Originally Posted by crappiemike View Post
    Looks like these videos are going
    To be showing for awhile!!!!! Lol.

Looks fun,,,,,

Cm
    I decided to participate, I communicate better with video's
    Thank you crappiemike

Cory you were real close to were the stripers play ,at times thats my fav part of the lake, i want to go with thurs ,,,the new moon is weds,,,,,,,

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast