Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Lake Perris Slabs

Quote Originally Posted by QB7940 View Post
    I see what you're saying, many catch keep trout and panfish anglers do not value conservation as much as bass anglers. But your reply was very rude, and instead of getting a point across it probably just offended others.
    some times you have to be rude to get a point across
    Last edited by river_fish; 04-09-2013 at 05:58 PM.

Catch and keep those Green Carp. Less predators for my trophy panfish. (this ought to piss off C & R bass guys!)

Quote Originally Posted by fishmounter View Post
    Catch and keep those Green Carp. Less predators for my trophy panfish. (this ought to piss off C & R bass guys!)
    you dumb or stupid, which one is it?

Quote Originally Posted by river_fish View Post
    Haha, so funny. I think he's both.

Quote Originally Posted by QB7940 View Post
    I'm graduating this spring with a degree in Natural Resource and Ecology Management with a specialization in Fisheries Management from the University of Hawaii. I've taken a few ethics classes as required by my department. Hawaii has the most endangered species in the world so ethics is a big criteria in our resource management program. There will always be catch and keep anglers, and there will always be catch and release anglers. 10% of the anglers catch 90% of the fish. Catch and keep anglers are honestly not really part of that 10%. This fishery will survive, and if it is in danger of declining, the CDFW will make the changes. Do catch and release fisheries like vail flourish? Yea they really do no doubt. But Perris is for the public, and you have to respect the interests of all. I'm glad to see that there are so many that care about the fishery. If you really want to see a change, letter writing is probably your best bet. If you're curious why I kept it, I did an egg count, egg health analysis, and checked its prespawn diet. It was eaten, bass is okay if you remove the skin. Once in a while I keep a bass while crappie fishing.
    I don't believe you. you eat everything you catch.

Fishmounter is just pushing your buttons. I wish one could sense sarcasm on the web because that's what he was doing. All in good fun though.

Ifishtoolittle is right! All in good fun. Most people know me on here. I'm NOT being serious. I am a C & R bass fisherman myself, but really, if someone keeps a bass once in a while, especially from Perris, it will not hurt the fishery. There's so many bass in there. And river_fish, lighten up bro.

Throw the greencarp back they dont taste good anyway,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,rod-the-bod,,where have you been,,,,,,,,,,,

Eh, what's wrong with keeping a legally caught bass?

some times you have to be rude to get a point across
    Just for this...

I will be taking my legal limit of bed fish tommorow.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast