Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Ransacked tacklebox, ticket for smoking a cigarette, and a skunk at Puddingstone...

Quote Originally Posted by gonzo View Post
    As long as you're not one of those complete douche bags who smoke around kids, then I'm indifferent. Had you obeyed the law, you wouldn't have been in the situation to begin with. The lifeguard and sherrif weren't to blame. You were.
    Thank you gonzo for stating the obvious. I never blamed the sheriff or the lifeguards. Adults make mistakes and get themselves into situations that they would rather not be in. You can point fingers at me all you want, but this is not about blame. It's not about who is at fault. It's not about breaking the law. What it's really about...is persistence. It's about resilience and not giving up, no matter how big the fight. It's about being in an unwanted situation and using every angle possible to find your way out. It's about the big guy trying to rob the little guy blind...and having the big guy lose for once. The only person who gets to judge me in this situation is the judge himself, and he sided with me. I WON...

Kingfish glad to hear that you won, this just seemed like a lame reason to me for a ticket...I am not a smoker, but i can't seem to agree with this law. Your outdoors for gods sake!

Puddingstone is my local lake. I've been going there for 15 plus years. I have witnessed at least 3-4 fires in, around, or near the park. So there is a reason for the rule. I used to smoke, and when I did it was common sense not to do it in areas that were fire prone, independent of any local rule. Look at it from that perspective the next time you decide to light up.
    Last edited by jruiz; 10-19-2013 at 10:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingfish Addict View Post
    Thank you gonzo for stating the obvious. I never blamed the sheriff or the lifeguards. Adults make mistakes and get themselves into situations that they would rather not be in. You can point fingers at me all you want, but this is not about blame. It's not about who is at fault. It's not about breaking the law. What it's really about...is persistence. It's about resilience and not giving up, no matter how big the fight. It's about being in an unwanted situation and using every angle possible to find your way out. It's about the big guy trying to rob the little guy blind...and having the big guy lose for once. The only person who gets to judge me in this situation is the judge himself, and he sided with me. I WON...
    What a hollow, shallow victory.

Quote Originally Posted by Viejo View Post
    What a hollow, shallow victory.
    A victory is a victory, any way you look at it...

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789