Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ransacked tacklebox, ticket for smoking a cigarette, and a skunk at Puddingstone...

Default Ransacked tacklebox, ticket for smoking a cigarette, and a skunk at Puddingstone...

My buddy and I were fishing from the mud bank at the back of sailboat cove yesterday. Usually when the lifeguard boat comes into the cove to keep an eye on things, it SLOWLY comes in, the lifeguards wave at you, then the boat turns around and leaves. At about 1pm, the lifeguard boat comes into the cove with authority, bumrushes straight towards us and they beach it right on the mud bank while our lines were in the water . 2 lifeguards and a San Dimas sheriff jump off the boat and the sheriff asks us for our fishing licenses and drivers' licenses. We comply. He then asks us if we have any weapons or dope (dope? are we in 1963?), we said no, but being an honest guy my buddy says he has a few unopened beers in his cooler. He proceeds to ransack our tackle backpacks and leaves everything on the bank in the dirt . Cop says, "Do yourselves a favor and keep those beers closed until you get home." Then the lifeguard says he noticed I was smoking a cigarette. I'm aware that Bonelli Park is a no smoking park but there's NEVER been any kind of enforcement whatsoever. You could smoke in front of the cops and lifeguards and nobody gave a rats behind. He proceeds to tell me that at the "lifeguard board meeting" on April 3rd, the board stated that the lifeguards MUST NOW strictly enforce the smoking ban due to too many complaints. So then he tells me, "Congratulations, you've just received the 1st ever smoking ticket at Bonelli Park." I said, "Do I get a prize for that?" He says, "Unfortunately no, you get to make an appearance in court though." All 3 of them jump back on the boat and split, leaving us to pick up our tackle. My buddy was not happy, the cop crushed his chocolate chip cookies to bits during the ransacking.

When I smoke and fish I don't start fires, I put them out properly, and always take my butts and trash with me and then some. A few disrespectful people can ruin it for the thousands of us who care. Oh, and we ended up with a skunk. Good times!!

If you fish Puddingstone and you smoke/drink, be careful because they're all over it now and will enforce it. The sheriff was carrying binoculars also so beware, they can spot you smoking or drinking beers from the middle of the lake if they want.

Crushed his cookies ?! That's just BS ;)

I will never go back to the pud now thx for the heads up buddy.. to bad they were being dicks to fishermen just trying to relax and enjoy the day, I would would get revenge at those wannabe training cops that has nothing better todo in court.. where's the evidence of you smoking ? And who said u can't drink beer ? Man f*#& them

That SUCKS!! Won't be going there any time soon! I like to enjoy the occasional stoggie while soakin a worm. What a terrible day...sorry guys.

Don't smoke in no smoking zones, very simple. Sorry to hear your cookies got smashed.

-b

In all seriousness, the only place that I've been harassed is the Pudd, and the individuals were very rude about the entire thing. I see it's not an isolated experience.

I get harassed by the lifeguards there all the time, totally kills my day.

Sorry about your friends cookies. They'll pay one day! lol

You know what's funny about the no smoking deal in the LA County Parks? When I first asked a county employee about why the ban. He told me it was because of the fires they were having in places like Malibu. So they just banned them in all LA county parks without taking any consideration of what the fire danger really was. I think this was a classic example of throwing the baby out with the bath water.

a guy i used to fish with at puddingstone used to cut off the top and bottom of his soda can then slide it over his beer can so it looked like he was just enjoying a soda ahahah

Quote Originally Posted by fishermanx14 View Post
    a guy i used to fish with at puddingstone used to cut off the top and bottom of his soda can then slide it over his beer can so it looked like he was just enjoying a soda ahahah
    That's what I use. A 24 oz Arizona Ice tea can. Took it to my bench grinder, removed the top and bottom then cut up one side. A guy on ebay sell some that are cut very nice. I'll have a beer right in front of cops. I tested it 10' from a Torrance cop once.
    F*** Em.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast