Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Echo Park

Default Echo Park

Walked around the lake a couple times now. No "visibles" only minnows for the mosquitos. Lake looks VERY fishy, but does not have that fishy smell (if you know what i mean). Anyone know about any future planting of fish?

The only thing the state plans on stocking is sterile trout and catfish maybe. Unless "Operation Hipster Bass" succeeds, we might be out of luck.

Read through the thread below titled "Red head and Asian guy keeping bass at Lincoln". If you read through the thread the information contained will provide you with a perspective of the lengths that local anglers are going through to restore the fishery Echo. Although the DFG plans on Stocking trout and catfish it has no plans on stocking anything for at least a year. The unwillingness of the DFG to restore the fishery at Echo when the Department has traditionally been committed to restoring other park lakes which have been drained and refilled is very disappointing. Even more so is the fact that it is one of the few places to fish within the inner city. The community needs more opportunities for low cost outdoor recreation. Children and adults need a place to go fishing that's not 25 miles or more from their home.

JerryG
    Last edited by jerryG; 10-02-2013 at 09:22 AM.

Regarding stocking probably will have to be done by locals ...wink wink ...

Quote Originally Posted by I*B*CATCHIN View Post
    I've already contributed my 2 cents.

I meant, 2 bass.

;-)

Power to the people.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post

I meant, 2 bass.

;-)

Power to the people.
    well boys and girls ....if you want to plant tilapia I know where there at ....pm me for planting only not consumption. ..I'm a cpr card holder

Quote Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post

I meant, 2 bass.

;-)

Power to the people.
    well boys and girls ....if you want to plant tilapia I know where there at ....pm me for planting only not consumption. ..I'm a cpr card holder

My local 99 ranch is selling LMBs for 7.99/lb right now.

Let's not stock Tilapia...

Have you ever been to Balboa Lake? Go there and spend a few minutes and you'll realize that Tilapia are probably not a wise species to stock in a city lake environment.

Lake Perris has big Shell cracker's in there. wink wink

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast