Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wood report

Default Wood report

Got out to the Wood yesterday (Wed 4/3) about 6ish. Water like glass. Level down at least a foot from last week and dropped, seemed like 8-10 inches in just the day yesterday. Threw out some top water for no love. Switched over to a drop shot with a 4"white w/ red flake salt and garlic..BAM...but just as fast, he spit it out...felt good tho!! Nothing for a while, then my ultralight hits on a nightcrawler under a bobber...fought him a for a few, then snap...just too big for my light line. A few hits on a dine soaking in the cove. Beautiful weather, not much pressure from boats considering they are open 7 days/week now. We cleaned the entire shoreline of "punk-*** fisherman left-overs" (trash) and THANK those responsible for the switch back trail carved into the hillside for a safer travel!! BTW...seen a lot of bass finally moving up to shore. Happy fishin!!

Quote Originally Posted by fishincouple View Post
    Got out to the Wood yesterday (Wed 4/3) about 6ish. Water like glass. Level down at least a foot from last week and dropped, seemed like 8-10 inches in just the day yesterday. Threw out some top water for no love. Switched over to a drop shot with a 4"white w/ red flake salt and garlic..BAM...but just as fast, he spit it out...felt good tho!! Nothing for a while, then my ultralight hits on a nightcrawler under a bobber...fought him a for a few, then snap...just too big for my light line. A few hits on a dine soaking in the cove. Beautiful weather, not much pressure from boats considering they are open 7 days/week now. We cleaned the entire shoreline of "punk-*** fisherman left-overs" (trash) and THANK those responsible for the switch back trail carved into the hillside for a safer travel!! BTW...seen a lot of bass finally moving up to shore. Happy fishin!!
    Thank you for cleaning up after the DUMB AS_SES, Hey fishincouple how light was your line if you don't mind me asking and was it fluorocarbon ? Thank you for the report !

Quote Originally Posted by Hardcor View Post
    Thank you for cleaning up after the DUMB AS_SES, Hey fishincouple how light was your line if you don't mind me asking and was it fluorocarbon ? Thank you for the report !
    Hardcor, Always try to do my part as well as a bit more Berkley Trilene XL Smooth mono/clear/4lb.

They are also hitting creature baits, rodents being one of my favorites. It's nice to have another target to give my arms a rest from tossing swimbaits.

Thanks for the cleanup!

Thanks for the report and the cleanup. Nice to hear people picking up after disrespectful people. Gonna give it a go tomorrow and throw swim baits for about an hour then work the dropshot.

Quote Originally Posted by Jmac View Post
    Thanks for the report and the cleanup. Nice to hear people picking up after disrespectful people. Gonna give it a go tomorrow and throw swim baits for about an hour then work the dropshot.
    Go early for the swimbaits, it's going to be windy in the afternoons for sure the next few days. The bite has picked up.

Good luck!

Hoping to get there around 6:30. Noticed last week that once the sun cracked the top of the hill the bite shutdown. Gotta see about picking up some more swimbaits. Only thing I have in my arsenal is a 6" lunker punker. Was pretty stoked to see jail birds boiling last week.

Hoping to get there around 6:30.

Might be a bit late? I wanna say it was it was about 6:30 when we were there...wasn't a ripple in sight.

I will be there tomorrow Jmac , I would like to know how you do on the swimbaits

Hoping to get there around 6:30. Noticed last week that once the sun cracked the top of the hill the bite shutdown. Gotta see about picking up some more swimbaits. Only thing I have in my arsenal is a 6" lunker punker. Was pretty stoked to see jail birds boiling last week.
    Yup 6:30 might just miss um or be on the backside of the bite, get up earlier, lol.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast