Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Skinner 4-3-13

Default Skinner 4-3-13

My wife was having friends over so I took that as an opportunity to go fishing in the afternoon. I fished from 12:00 to 4:00. I'm not real sure, but I thing I had one bite. The wind was blowing pretty good all afternoon. I tried drop shotting several colors of Robo worms on 6# FC. I Texas rigged several colors of worms. I pitched a crawdad colored jig and pig in the toolies and I even threw a spinner bait for a while.
    I did hear the bass were active in the morning.
    I guess all I can say is it was a pretty good day for a boat ride.

I was there as well, hit the lake around 6:15. Boated 5 with the biggest a little over 4lbs (all on plastics/senkosClick image for larger version. 

Name:	skinner bass 2.jpg 
Views:	161 
Size:	36.7 KB 
ID:	40006). The bite did seem to slow around late morning.

Quote Originally Posted by buggin1 View Post
    I was there as well, hit the lake around 6:15. Boated 5 with the biggest a little over 4lbs (all on plastics/senkosClick image for larger version. 

Nice, I am going to be there on Saturday to do a little fishing and teach the little lady to fish. Hopefully I have something to report. What time are they opening up down there right now?

6am, the sun is barely coming up

I tried fly lining a watermellon Senko. If you don't mind me asking, are you nose or wackie hooking them?

Quote Originally Posted by NFCD I View Post
    I tried fly lining a watermellon Senko. If you don't mind me asking, are you nose or wackie hooking them?
    Always wacky with senkos,, DS with robos

Always wacky with senkos,, DS with robos
    Thanks for the help. I'll see you on the lake. I'm in an 18' gold Skeeter.
    Dale