Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: alright taking playoff predictions.

Whoa whoa all you guys are forgetting about my team the Golden State Warriors the underdog, the ones that shouldn't be in the playoffs by everyone's prediction in the beginning of the season yet here they are. Go Warrior's!

Quote Originally Posted by reservoir dog View Post
    Didn't Miami win last year? So if Miami wins again this year, that would be a back to back Championship. The Pacers are a great team and they keep getting better, so don't sleep on them. It's funny how the 2 aging teams (Lakers/Spurs) are going up against each other. But it should be a good series. The Warriors and Nuggets, now that's an exciting matchup! Overall the playoffs are all good games this season.

You are correct....Miami did win last year. This year WILL be back-to-back. I completely agree that NY, IND, CHI, OKC will all get better. However, you are talking about the best manager/President in the league in Riles. As I mentioned earlier he will continue to build his team as well. As other teams grow, so will Miami. Miami has the luxury of having the best player in world, a third best player in Wade (only second to KD), and Bosh isn't too shabby either! Miami only needs 1-2 players over the next year or two to stay ahead of the teams mentioned. However, those teams can add elite talent as well. If I'm a betting man, I DO NOT best against Miami, and surely DO NOT bet against Riles in his ability to pull major acquisitions!!

Viva Miami!

Didn't Miami win last year? So if Miami wins again this year, that would be a back to back Championship. The Pacers are a great team and they keep getting better, so don't sleep on them. It's funny how the 2 aging teams (Lakers/Spurs) are going up against each other. But it should be a good series. The Warriors and Nuggets, now that's an exciting matchup! Overall the playoffs are all good games this season.
    Maybe I should've been more clear. I don't see them getting back to back to back rings. its always a possibility, but anything is possible in a seven game series. And in basketball any team can beat any team on any given night. I did watch the playoff predictions on nbatv and one of those guys had garbage predictions. One of them was Atlanta beating indianna in six games, and SAS going to the finals.

Quote Originally Posted by EL JEFE View Post
    You are correct....Miami did win last year. This year WILL be back-to-back. I completely agree that NY, IND, CHI, OKC will all get better. However, you are talking about the best manager/President in the league in Riles. As I mentioned earlier he will continue to build his team as well. As other teams grow, so will Miami. Miami has the luxury of having the best player in world, a third best player in Wade (only second to KD), and Bosh isn't too shabby either! Miami only needs 1-2 players over the next year or two to stay ahead of the teams mentioned. However, those teams can add elite talent as well. If I'm a betting man, I DO NOT best against Miami, and surely DO NOT bet against Riles in his ability to pull major acquisitions!!

Viva Miami!
    Though I don't bet against Miami either. I wont exactly bet against Chicago either. If you remember last year Chicago and Miami were two teams favored to go to the finals in the east. Chicago didn't get the same favor this year, because d-rose never came back. I see how Chicago handled Miami without rose or Noah, or half of there team in general, and provided that the bulls stay healthy then Miami will have more competition. Idianna I only have faith in because there just a matchup nightmare for Miami. Miami's weakness is rebounding. Any team that out rebounds Miami and pounds them inside can beat them, hence why I give teams like Boston(though I hate Boston with a burning passion) indianna, Memphis, and Brooklyn a chance. Because those teams play a style of defense that Miami has a hard time with. Okc on the other hand can't beat Miami because that's a matchup nightmare for them. Plus okc has no bench, and Kevin martin isn't quite a James harden. Though martin is one of the top three point shooters in the league. But now I'm just rambling on. Oh and to comment on Dwayne wade, I feel he's in the top 5 but I give number 3 to melo, and wade number 4. Wade would have to show me that hes a little more of a versatile scorer before I move him up to 3.
    Last edited by fishinarteest; 04-20-2013 at 10:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoot951 View Post
    Whoa whoa all you guys are forgetting about my team the Golden State Warriors the underdog, the ones that shouldn't be in the playoffs by everyone's prediction in the beginning of the season yet here they are. Go Warrior's!
    Haha no offense dude, but gsw is just happy to be in the playoffs, there not gonna do anything while there, they might beat Denver if they don't have manimal. But the other teams would slaughter gsw lol. I do like Stephen curry and klay Thompson though.

Quote Originally Posted by fishinarteest View Post
    Haha no offense dude, but gsw is just happy to be in the playoffs, there not gonna do anything while there, they might beat Denver if they don't have manimal. But the other teams would slaughter gsw lol. I do like Stephen curry and klay Thompson though.
    The Warriors are an exciting team but now that David Lee is out...the Warriors are done in the first round. Kinda like the Lakers are too, without Kobe they got nothing. And I'm saying this as a Laker fan.

The Warriors are an exciting team but now that David Lee is out...the Warriors are done in the first round. Kinda like the Lakers are too, without Kobe they got nothing. And I'm saying this as a Laker fan.
    Meh, they can do it without Kobe. Its just that gasol and Howard are gonna have to get used to be the guys on that team. If it wasn't for the turnovers the Lakers would've won that last game. But game 2 should be a better indicator of who will win the series. Its like Dwight said, you can't get discouraged cuz its only game 1. I actually like Kobe not being there, because it forces the Lakers to play better defense and pound the ball inside more, instead of just giving it to Kobe and hoping he can throw up a miracle three pointer.

Well, that miami chicago game got pretty heated. I was waiting for a riot to start. I wonder what lebron, wade, bosh, and the refs are talkin about right now in bron's hottub LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by fishinarteest View Post
    I wonder what lebron, wade, bosh, and the refs are talkin about right now in bron's hottub LOL.
    Lebron: "You see us STOMP Chicago down tonight?"

Ref: "Yeah, i was there, remember? And from the looks of it, you won't need any help from us this series."

Wade: "Man, we made people who dug up their old Jordan jersey put it back in their closet REAL quick, huh?"

Bosh: "You see Nate Robinson embarrass me on national TV?"

Everyone (in unison): "YES! It's been the only time in your life that you've had balls between your legs."

And now your musical interlude, dedicated to Kobe Bean Bryant:

watch out the Warriors...they might be upset the Sprurs...Go Golden State Warriors...

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast