Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: alright taking playoff predictions.

Quote Originally Posted by fishinarteest View Post
    Oh look Knicks beat Miami. I'm glad I don't get tired of being right when it comes to making predictions in this sport. Because I'm right so often lol.
    That was a ballsy prediction considering both Wade and James were slated not to start.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post
    That was a ballsy prediction considering both Wade and James were slated not to start.
    Yea but the Knicks have been beating Miami all season with wade and James playing, sooo... thinking about it, Knicks would've beat Miami last time, but melo was out, stoudemire was out, and Jr smith kept trying to shoot threes even after he went cold. What mainly killed that game for NY was Jr smith otherwise they would've beat them.
    Last edited by fishinarteest; 04-03-2013 at 09:35 AM.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	james - wade.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	10.7 KB 
ID:	40009

On the Kniicks win.....From the pic above (courtside at last Knicks-Heat game), James and Wade don't appear to concerned!!!!

Knicks beat a Miami team playing without three starters. It's a numbers game at this point. Coach Spol wants to have the best record in the league to insure home court throughout playoffs, (which they will get). He also want his three main players rested and close to 100% come play-offs. So, they can play without starters and lose so long as they keep a cushion between themselves and SAS/OKC.

If I have not said this before, let me say it now. Any team can beat another team at any given point in the year. It happens all the time. There is no team, let me repeat, NO TEAM, that can beat Miami in a 7 game series; especially if they have home court. This is the importance of home court. REMINDER.....Miami is a team that just went for 27 consecutive wins. They will be charged and ready come play offs.

BTW....Riles has a Championship ring from the 1971-72 Lakers with the number 33 engraved on one side. Talk about something to motivate your players and have them respect your word and motives!!!!
    Last edited by EL JEFE; 04-05-2013 at 09:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by EL JEFE View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	james - wade.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	10.7 KB 
ID:	40009

On the Kniicks win.....From the pic above (courtside at last Knicks-Heat game), James and Wade don't appear to concerned!!!!

Knicks beat a Miami team playing without three starters. It's a numbers game at this point. Coach Spol wants to have the best record in the league to insure home court throughout playoffs, (which they will get). He also want his three main players rested and close to 100% come play-offs. So, they can play without starters and lose so long as they keep a cushion between themselves and SAS/OKC.

If I have not said this before, let me say it now. Any team can beat another team at any given point in the year. It happens all the time. There is no team, let me repeat, NO TEAM, that can beat Miami in a 7 game series; especially if they have home court. This is the importance of home court. REMINDER.....Miami is a team that just went for 27 consecutive wins. They will be charged and ready come play offs.

BTW....Riles has a Championship ring from the 1971-72 Lakers with the number 33 engraved on one side. Talk about something to motivate your players and have them respect your word and motives!!!!
    This year there's little chance of anyone beating Miami. The only team that would be just as strong as Miami if they had all there players healthy is Chicago. Next year if there main guys are healthy, then Miami's chance of returning to the championship will have shrunk considerably. Look at the work the bulls are doing now, heck yesterday they were missing literally half there team and they still won. Imagine if most of there team were healthy next year, then rose would be getting his ring. Mean this Chicago team stopped Miami's streak without two of there bigs. Chicago may get beat first round of the playoffs but I'm definitely impressed with the way there playing this year. Next year that's definitely gonna be the team to beat. As far as this year goes, pacers will probably lose to the heat 3-4 in the conference finals, mainly cause of the mia danny granger. Knicks have no chance of it, because in post season you can't rain threes on everyone for forever, Knicks will get shutdown by somebody on the perimeter, and because of there huge lack of defense they'll get smashed. Boston is missing a big three, and pierce can't do everything himself, so there out. Bulls are the only other relevant team but there missing to many players to win in the post season consistently so there out. Nets and hawks, eeeehhhh better luck next year. In the west its still anyone's game though, even though I'm leaning more to okc mainly cuz SAS is too old, and Leonard, green, and splitter aren't developed enough to carry the team.

We should call the bulls streak killer. First Miami, then new York.

... cause no one, not even lebron, kd, or melo, can will wins like kobe.
    Yeah, but can he will his Achilles back to his heel bone?

That's the real question.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post
    Yeah, but can he will his Achilles back to his heel bone?

That's the real question.
    Lol. Maybe if he sees his doctor friend in Germany. Lakers though have to beat Houston tomorrow. If they do they get 7th and can take SAS in the first round. Honestly the Lakers don't want okc, last years Lakers couldn't do it this years Lakers definitely can't. Hopefully Memphis beats lac in round one, which I think they will, okc will smash the rockets, Denver will probably beat golden state. But without manimal and gallinari I don't know.

I got a question though, do you buy into all the hype Jeremy Lin fans are buying into. I've met some fans so crazed for him that they compared his "linsanity" run to melo and even said that he was/is better than melo. Others say he's better than harden and that McHale is out to get him or something, and they also say that he's one of the leagues best point guards. I however agree with none of these statements. But what do you think.

I got a question though, do you buy into all the hype Jeremy Lin fans are buying into. I've met some fans so crazed for him that they compared his "linsanity" run to melo and even said that he was/is better than melo. Others say he's better than harden and that McHale is out to get him or something, and they also say that he's one of the leagues best point guards. I however agree with none of these statements. But what do you think.
    I'm not a fan of Lin. He's very good, just not a fan. If he's compared to Melo, perhaps because they are both streaky players....good sometimes, but usually not when it matters most. I like Harden's game. Not an easy decision by OKC to get rid of him. If they beat Miami then it was a good decision. If they don't, what did they accomplish? Uhh....why did I even suggest that they could beat Miami....brain fart!!

Miami is the team to beat, and will be for several years. I read recently that Riles is with the team for the long haul and is looking to create a solid 10 year run. With the trades he has pulled off over the years, wouldn't surprise me if they add a another superstar big man this off season. He's dialing in the pieces to build a Lakers/Chicago style run off of several championships. One of the few in the league that can pull it off right now. Who the he_ _ wouldn't want to play in Miami!!! First victim for Miami is Milwaukee, this Saturday. Here's to Saturday's workout against Milwaukee It won't be a game, it will be a full court workout for the guys, in preparation for the later rounds and the finals!!

Quote Originally Posted by EL JEFE View Post
    I'm not a fan of Lin. He's very good, just not a fan. If he's compared to Melo, perhaps because they are both streaky players....good sometimes, but usually not when it matters most. I like Harden's game. Not an easy decision by OKC to get rid of him. If they beat Miami then it was a good decision. If they don't, what did they accomplish? Uhh....why did I even suggest that they could beat Miami....brain fart!!

Miami is the team to beat, and will be for several years. I read recently that Riles is with the team for the long haul and is looking to create a solid 10 year run. With the trades he has pulled off over the years, wouldn't surprise me if they add a another superstar big man this off season. He's dialing in the pieces to build a Lakers/Chicago style run off of several championships. One of the few in the league that can pull it off right now. Who the he_ _ wouldn't want to play in Miami!!! First victim for Miami is Milwaukee, this Saturday. Here's to Saturday's workout against Milwaukee It won't be a game, it will be a full court workout for the guys, in preparation for the later rounds and the finals!!
    I'm sorry but I don't see Miami winning back to back finals. I see them getting it this year, then that's it for a couple years. Heres why.Pacers are going to be a bigger threat with a healthy danny granger and ever improving paul George. A healthy d-rose and joakim Noah on the bulls next year will be a serious threat, melo(one of the top 5players in the league) will be a threat. And every year kd doesn't get a ring, he's gonna be a bigger threat as the years go on. Especially with kd being the best in the league second only to LBJ. And if history repeats itself with the Lakers then they'll be a threat, eventually. Miami is far from invincible, but the only teams that could beat them this year are missing key players. Miami will probably get it this year, but I see the teams that they struggle with. they should enjoy this year, Cuz there not going back for a few years. Theyll get more rings, just not back to back.

Didn't Miami win last year? So if Miami wins again this year, that would be a back to back Championship. The Pacers are a great team and they keep getting better, so don't sleep on them. It's funny how the 2 aging teams (Lakers/Spurs) are going up against each other. But it should be a good series. The Warriors and Nuggets, now that's an exciting matchup! Overall the playoffs are all good games this season.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast