Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: alright taking playoff predictions.

Default alright taking playoff predictions.

NBA playoffs. Who's winning? Who's losing? Who's going to championship? Lakers are gonna get smashed, western finals is gonna be okc beating SAS, SAS is to old to play a seven game series. Eastern conference is gonna be pacers and heat in conference finals or Knicks and heat. But I'm leaning more to pacers and heat. This year I feel that pacers might beat the heat and go to the finals with okc. Don't know why I feel this way, I just do. But as it stands it looks like okc and Miami. Miami will win because okc can't develop an inside game on Miami. There's my predictions, and as it stands they seem pretty accurate.

I agree with your prediction 100%. The Lakers have literally played themselves out of the playoffs and if they get the 8th seed again, they'll probably get swept. But guaranteed first round exit...if they even get to that point. Western finals will come down to OKC and San Antonio but OKC will win it because they're younger and they want revenge for last years loss to Miami. In the East (although I don't really care), will end up being Miami as the Eastern Conference champions. Unfortunately I think Miami will repeat this year with the way they've been playing.

Agree, Miami will win it all again! Of course, I predicted this earlier this year. Miami is very well coached, deep in talent and play as well as a TEAM as any team I have seen. They are firing on all cylinders at just the right time. This is due to the excellent coaching and team comraderie. They beat SAS last night without three starters!!!

Riles has put together one bad arse team! Built for several championships. The beauty being, Riles has created this team from scratch. He's been with the organization for close to 20 years. He's delivered to ownership every step of the way.
    Like Rick Fox said, might as well give 'em the trophy now!!

Prediction.....Miami 4-1 in FINALS, maybe even 4-0, with whomever they play!

Quote Originally Posted by EL JEFE View Post
    Agree, Miami will win it all again! Of course, I predicted this earlier this year. Miami is very well coached, deep in talent and play as well as a TEAM as any team I have seen. They are firing on all cylinders at just the right time. This is due to the excellent coaching and team comraderie. They beat SAS last night without three starters!!!

Riles has put together one bad arse team! Built for several championships. The beauty being, Riles has created this team from scratch. He's been with the organization for close to 20 years. He's delivered to ownership every step of the way.
    Like Rick Fox said, might as well give 'em the trophy now!!

Prediction.....Miami 4-1 in FINALS, maybe even 4-0, with whomever they play!
    meh that san antonio win wasn't very impressive to me. ginobli didn't play, and tim ducan is hurt, plus spurs are old. But hopefully next year the lakers will get there act together and make it to the finals, Where im sure they can beat miami because there a bad matchup for miami. plus lakers have beat miami every year for the last several years, and miami barely beat them last time. But all that stuff is for next years predictions. Honestly though, miami may make it to finals, but there not exactly gonna cruise to them. Paul george and the Idianna pacers wont let them. And i only say that cuz, last year indianna lost to miami in the conference finals 4-2. this year paul george is twice the player he was then. This could turn out like the 09 finals when the magic unexpectedly beat the celtics, and the pacers could unexpectedly beat the heat for the simple fact that, thats just how some playoff series go. but the way the stats look now, miami is going back. The wests only hope to beating miami lies surprisingly not in the spurs or the thunder, but in the grizzlies. Unless the lakers do some spectacular and actually make finals, but im talking realism here lol.

Quote Originally Posted by fishinarteest View Post
    But hopefully next year the lakers will get there act together and make it to the finals.
    Now....what does 'getting their act together' consist of?

Quote Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post
    Now....what does 'getting their act together' consist of?
    Replacing the head coach...LOL!!!

Quote Originally Posted by reservoir dog View Post
    Replacing the head coach...LOL!!!
    Yep lol. Plus more ball distribution between Nash and Kobe. Not going brain dead on defense, gasol playing harder defense, and stopping trying to shoot themselves out of routs, especially when there trying to get out of that rout by shooting threes, oh and make better trades like picking up josh smith.

Quote Originally Posted by fishinarteest View Post
    Yep lol. Plus more ball distribution between Nash and Kobe. Not going brain dead on defense, gasol playing harder defense, and stopping trying to shoot themselves out of routs, especially when there trying to get out of that rout by shooting threes, oh and make better trades like picking up josh smith.
    So in your opinion, it's a coaching and effort problem, and not a personnel problem.

In other words, you think that the Lakers, with this roster (and perhaps adding one key player and a different coach) can win the NBA Finals?

Quote Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post
    So in your opinion, it's a coaching and effort problem, and not a personnel problem.

In other words, you think that the Lakers, with this roster (and perhaps adding one key player and a different coach) can win the NBA Finals?
    from the way it looks now. yes. Honestly if kobe wants one more ring before he retires, hes gonna get one more ring, and thats why he has been the best in the league for so long, cause no one, not even lebron, kd, or melo, can will wins like kobe. whether you love or hate him(trust me im very indifferent) you gotta admit that thats true.

On to todays predictions. miami will get smashed by the knicks, like they have been all year long.

Oh look Knicks beat Miami. I'm glad I don't get tired of being right when it comes to making predictions in this sport. Because I'm right so often lol.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast