Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Barbie Pole Challenge… Part 2. Pre-Easter S.W.A.T. Mission - Saturday 3/30.

datta was ahh 'Leaning Mantis" techu-nique, young grass-hoppah. Maybe you no familiar witha dis ancient method. It take manny manny moons to learn and a practice. Require much discipline. Maybe you not notice mastah Steve have eyes closed during fight.

- Sifu

Alright, I'm over it now.
    It was a fair bet, even money I would say. I thought that there was a good chance that you could have done it. But I didn't expect you to do it so damn fast!
    You are certainly blessed bro. You want cash or you want me to put a check in the mail?
    Back to the drawing boards.

Smile Wingnut's Response...

Quote Originally Posted by VietReefer View Post
    What a fun read Arthur. Amazingly done. Congrats on winning the $. :)
    Thanks Dylan... where have you been dude? Marriage life ruined your fishing career?
    The HG5 event is coming up on September 28th, see you there! Unless, you're getting married again, lol

Quote Originally Posted by murrieta angler View Post
    Sweet report as always Arthur..
    When I received the text and there was no size for the legal, I thought, " GREAT, He caught another 30"er "
    But after reading the report, I now know why it was such a nice fish...
    Another legal added to your tally, a few bucks in your pocket and time spent with friends...WHAT MORE COULD YOU ASK FOR?!
    I also need to thank you for the hats that you sent me. The box came with another shipment from my supplier and had been sitting in my storage.
    When I pulled out my stuff and saw the hats, I was pleasantly surprised.
    THANKS BROTHA!!
    Robert
    <><
    No problem Roberto, thanks for representing the Team.
    Had a great time fishing with you and Sid this morning. Hope we can do it again soon!

Quote Originally Posted by 5150fishn View Post
    Unbelievable! A legal flattie on the spiderman pole. LMAO! That is one impressive feat bro. Congrats on another challenge knocked out of the park Arthur! Skills out way gear all day long.
    Luck outweighs skills also Dan.

Quote Originally Posted by Badbeat View Post
    Yes I witnessed the handshake between Wingnut and Blackwater. At the time I thought that was a tough challenge, but when Arthur turn to me and winked, I knew Phuong was in trouble. Unbelievable how you did it so fast Art, I thought for sure it would take you at least a half dozen trips to the surf to get it done.
    I do believe that you have some kind of pact with Poseidon.
    Hey Phuong, keep those bets on the poker table bro, safer that way, or maybe not, hahaha
    Thanks for not warning Phuong bro. I didn't expect to complete the challenge on the 1st session, but I'm not complaining, lol
    See you tonight at the poker tournament bro.

Quote Originally Posted by midgettosser1 View Post
    I will soon. Fiance and I just bought a house, so with work, grad school, and remodeling, free time has been few and far between. Good news is, remodeling and school will be done soon, and I can get back to what's really important... slamming butts. lol
    Congrats on the new house Mike.
    The Halibut bite is hot right now... hurry up and get back out there bro.

Quote Originally Posted by bachiboy View Post
    I asked Steve the purpose of his techinique. Here is his reply. Interesting, not sure all of this applies to what we do though...

Inverted technique I pickup river fishing Salmon. The theory is when holding the rod tip down you are using the tinsel strength of your line. When holding the
    rod perpendicular the pressure is on the knot. You'd be surprised at the power you gain by inverting your rod. I can beach 30 lb salmon & stripers by holding the rod horizontal to the beach Thumb the spool and using the rod and wave to slide the fish onto the beach. The other theory when river fishing and hook a salmon, he will run. To control the fish by inverting the rod tip in the water your pulling the fishes mouth down and the tail up therefore the fish looses tail thrust for lack of water.

Don, Thanks for getting the explanation from Steve... very interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by bbqsushi View Post
    datta was ahh 'Leaning Mantis" techu-nique, young grass-hoppah. Maybe you no familiar witha dis ancient method. It take manny manny moons to learn and a practice. Require much discipline. Maybe you not notice mastah Steve have eyes closed during fight.

- Sifu
    Exactly!

Quote Originally Posted by blackwater View Post
    Alright, I'm over it now.
    It was a fair bet, even money I would say. I thought that there was a good chance that you could have done it. But I didn't expect you to do it so damn fast!
    You are certainly blessed bro. You want cash or you want me to put a check in the mail?
    Back to the drawing boards.
    Hang on to the money bro, I'll give you a chance to win it back... Let's talk about your latest challenge offer tonight at the poker tournament.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345